Auction Terms & Conditions General
1. THIS IS AN ONLINE / ABSENTEE BIDDING / PHONE BIDDING ONLY AUCTION with the Auction to be conducted live online by our Auctioneers starting 1pm Sunday 25th October 2020 (AEDT)
2. Buyers must be registered to bid or purchase at this sale and this can be done at www.burnsandco.com.au or absentee bids can be lodged by emailing email@example.com. Should you require phone bidding please register prior to COB Friday 23rd October 2020 by contacting Anton Cooper on 0427 383 531.
3. For any assistance with online bidding questions please call our office on (03) 8657 4292
4. The purchaser is simply the highest bidder at the fall of the hammer.
5. Any dispute arising as to the highest bidder is to be determined by the Auctioneer who may re-offer the lot for sale.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid or to bid on behalf of clients and or the vendor.
7. All items remain the property of the vendor until payment has been received in full and to the satisfaction of Burns & Co Auctions.
8. Whilst every care is taken, the Auctioneer / Agent does not accept responsibility for items described incorrectly either in the catalogue or at the auction. Intending purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of the time given to view goods prior to the auction commencing. Furthermore, no compensation shall be paid in respect of any error or mis-description. Photos form part of the description so please view all photos and descriptions carefully. Video inspection and 3rd party inspections can be arranged by contacting our office prior to auction.
9. The Auctioneer will inspect lots on behalf of bidders who wish to lodge their bids by the prescribed absentee form or online to ensure that the lots are as described in the catalogue. Contact Anton on 0427 383 531 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the commencement of the auction.
10. Vehicles are sold as is - unregistered and without number plates. No warranty expressed or implied, sold with all and/or any faults, and where applicable, sold with Australian Government Import Approval.
11. To protect your investment vehicle bidders should consider at a minimum replacement of fuel, oil, fluids, filters and thorough brake inspection as vehicles may have been stationary for some time.
12. Please note carefully the order of sale and inspection arrangements.
13. Catalogue may change without notice and at the discretion of the agent / vendor. This includes the withdrawal of any lots at the agent's / vendor's discretion.
14. None of the items are insured. At the fall of the hammer the item becomes the responsibility of the purchaser, therefore please take out immediate insurance cover on any item of value.
15. The auctioneer is merely the agent of the vendor in the respect of the sale of the goods. The auctioneer shall not be liable for any default of the purchaser or vendor.
16. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware) applies to each lot in this Auction.
17. No Dogs / Pets or Alcohol are allowed within the Auction precinct. Owners will be asked to have all pets removed. No exceptions regardless of breed or size.
18. All measurements are in millimetres, width x height.
1. As is the practice in all states of Australia, a buyer's premium for all bidders of 9.9% for vehicles and 16.5% for all other items will apply. This premium includes GST.
Online / Absentee Bidding
1. Online Bidders must accept FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS. No discussions will be entered into in regard to accidently pressing the bid button or bidding on the wrong lot. This is without exception. IF UNSURE DO NOT BID. YOUR ACTIONS ARE FINAL.
2. In the event that online bidders leave a computer, smartphone or tablet logged in to the online bidding platform; Burns and Co accept no responsibility for any bids placed, or in the event your computer is hacked by unauthorised personnel.
3. The Auctioneer will inspect lots on behalf of bidders who wish to lodge their bids by the prescribed absentee bidding form or online to ensure that the lots are as described in the catalogue. Contact Anton on 0427 383 531 or email@example.com prior to the commencement of the auction.
4. A Buyer's Premium for online / absentee bidders of 9.9% for vehicles and 16.5% for all other items will apply. This means for each $100 an additional $9.90 or $16.50 will be incurred for all lots purchased due to the increased workload associated with this type of bidding. This premium includes GST.
5. Should two absentee or online bidders be locked on the same bid the lot will go to the absentee or online bidder who registered first with the auctioneer so get absentee bids in early and on the prescribed form.
6. Absentee bids will only be accepted on the prescribed form as attached and will be accepted by the auctioneers up until 4.00pm Friday 23rd October 2020. All successful absentee bidders will be notified by email.
7. Invoices forwarded to successful online / absentee bidders are to be settled within 48 hours from invoice unless prior arrangements have been agreed upon.
8. Please refer to the above 'General Conditions' for further information.
1. The Burns & Co invoice is final with no disputes being entered into.
2. Invoices forwarded to successful online / absentee bidders MUST BE SETTLED WITHIN 48HOURS of the invoice being sent unless by prior arrangement.
3. All Payments are in Australian Dollars and are to be made by CASH, EFTPOS, (MasterCard or VISA) or EFT. Up to 2.2% surcharge on all credit card transactions. NO CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. The swift code is NATAAU3303M, for any overseas payments please note Burns & Co will not be responsible for any fees incurred.
5. Banking Details:
Name: Burns & Co Auctions Consignment Trust Account
Acct No: 927-351-842.
Collections & Pickup
1. Delivery will not occur until payment has been received in full.
2. Paid invoices MUST be signed off for items to be released and a copy of the paid invoice must be presented by the person/s collecting the items.
3. Removal Times: Given current State and Federal guidelines collection / pickup will be by appointment only and this can be organised by contacting:
Anton on 0427 383 531 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for vehicles
Daniel on 0409 248 848 (email@example.com) for memorabilia
Collection / pickup must occur between 8.00am - 4.00pm week days. All items to be collected by COB Friday 30th October 2020. Should storage for any period of time be required please contact the auctioneers and we will work in the best we can with all parties.
4. Delivery options (non vehicles):
- Nitin & Nilam Khadalia from PACK & SEND Cheltenham on 03 9585 7543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug's Freight - Doug Clarke - 0422 993 280
- Australia Post
NO COLLECTION OR PICKUP WITHOUT APPOINTMENT. CALL DANIEL 0429 248 848 OR ANTON 0427 383 531
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms