Auction Terms & Conditions 1. I understand that I am liable for all purchases made on my registered number and further agree to make settlement in full for said purchases on auction day or within the next business day, including applicable sales tax, buyer premium, and title handling fees, on auction day or a handling fee will be added to my invoice and due. SALES TAX APPLIES TO ALL PURCHASES. Acceptable payment includes Cash or wire transfer. Business and personal checks are accepted when they are accompanied with a Bank Letter of Guarantee. All bidders unknown to Martin Auction should provide a Bank Letter of Guarantee.
2. All auction articles are sold "As Is - Where Is". Warranties or guarantees are strictly between buyer and seller - not Martin Auction. Buyer agrees that any additional As-Is waivers will be signed and returned to Martin Auction prior to picking up an item. All waivers may be reviewed PRIOR to the Auction. All makes, models, years, serial numbers, etc. are subject to bidder/ buyer verification.
3. I understand and agree to pay the buyers premium charged, this is 12%. Any variation from this premium amount will be described within the items description. Ex. Bankruptcy items are charged a different buyer premium.
4. I agree that I have inspected all items that I purchase prior to the auction of an item and agree to pay for any item I win. I also understand that I am buying AS-IS; a used item with faults and that the item may or may not run or operate and that there are NO REFUNDS on the items that I purchase. Items located off-site will be listed in the description box & will be picked up from that listed location. Any item with a title is subject to IST 6.25% (IL State Sales Tax) or VUT (Vehicle Use Tax) amount based on model year. There is a $50.00 title handling fee applied per title.
5. I understand and agree that all TITLE & REGISTRATION FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE after the sale of an item. Bidders must request a refund by directly contacting the Illinois Secretary of State for reimbursement- if any. Any warranty issues that may develop would be arbitrated with the item returned to Martin Auction; any hauling fees will be paid by the buyer.
6. All purchases are to be paid for in full on day of auction and prior to removal from the auction site. Cash accepted. 4% Handling charges apply on credit card purchases. Wire transfer accepted next business day and items remain on lot until after payment is confirmed. If you choose to pay in cash and avoid the handling fee of the credit card, WE WILL CHARGE YOUR CARD after the auction is over, however, if you bring in cash to make payment, we will reverse the credit card fee. NO VEHICLES OR TITLED ITEMS may be paid for via credit card.
7. Martin Auction assumes no responsibility for accidents, stolen or damaged property. Items left at the auction site are at the owner's risk and the I understand that I should insure any of my items to the degree of protection I want.
8. The Auctioneer in charge will settle any disputes as to bids and that decision will be final. The Auctioneer also reserves the right to accept or reject bids at his discretion.
9. I understand that Martin Auction (or any of its divisions) shall have the right to collect attorney fees, interest and/or collection costs and disbursements in the event that I shall default on any transaction(s) at this auction on this date in accordance with the "Terms and Conditions" set forth. Further, I agree to pay same.
10. All announcements made on auction day will take precedence over all printed materials. Any item may be removed from auction without notice.
11. I understand any personal or business information disclosed can be used for (email, phone, text, etc.) communication and marketing purposes- We will NOT sell your personal information.
12. I understand and agree that any items remaining at the auction site after the designated pickup times may be resold or disposed of by Martin Auction. I agree that those items are forfeited with no reimbursement to me. If items do remain on the lot, beyond 5 days and it is not sold, I agree to pay $10.00 per day- per item and that amount may be deducted from the auction proceeds when the item/ items are sold and agree that typical commission may be deducted.
13. I agree that any litigation due to an issue arising from the auction must be filed and tried in DeWitt County, Illinois.
14. I understand that if I inflict or cause any damage to any real or personal property or to any person, that I am responsible for the costs associated with that damage. I understand that once I purchase an item, I am responsible to insure it against damage, theft or any other issue that may arrise. I understand that I should insure any items not in my possession.
15. All firearms will be sold according to federal laws. Anyone wishing to bid on firearms from Illinois must have a valid FOID card. All guns are located at an FFL dealers location in Bloomington, IL. he will charge a fee of $40.00 per gun, over the final bid & buyer premium amount to transfer the gun. Shipping is an option that buyer will pay for if they desire to have a weapon shipped.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms