Auction Terms & Conditions PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS VERY CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU, THE BIDDER, AND GANDER & GAVEL AUCTION CO. LLC.
***IF YOU NEED SHIPPING, WE ARE HAPPY TO MAKE SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS, BUT MANY ARE FAILING TO READ SHIPPING POLICIES. IF YOU FAIL TO READ POLICIES STATED IN THIS CONTRACT, THERE IS NO REFUND.
***FAILURE TO ABIDE BY TERMS & CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN RESTRICTIONS OR PERMANENT SUSPENSION OF YOUR BIDDING PRIVILEGES WITH OUR AUCTION COMPANY***
***ONCE YOU HAVE BID, YOU HAVE ACCEPTED GANDER & GAVEL AUCTION CO. LLC'S LEGALLY BINDING TERMS & CONDITIONS***
***VIEW PHOTOS AND READ THE ITEM DESCRIPTIONS BEFORE BIDDING ON LOT ITEMS. ONCE YOU BID YOU'VE ACCEPTED OUR TERMS AND HAVE APPROVED YOUR BID ON THE LOT ITEMS YOU MIGHT WIN AT AUCTION. WHEN IN DOUBT DO NOT BID.***
***Disclaimer: Items up for auction/consigned item(s)/estate item(s) content and/or appearance does not necessarily reflect Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC's owners or employees' beliefs or views***
1. You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
2. Your registration information must be current and accurate.
3. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS NO GUARANTEES. All items sold as is where is with all faults. NO GUARANTEES. There are no warranties or guarantees of any kind either expressed or implied. All descriptions believed accurate, but not warranted. By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them.
Bidder's failure to research lots and/or items and/or inspect any item or lot will not constitute grounds for any claim, refund, adjustment, or charge back.
All description information has been gathered from sources which Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC believes with respect to condition, authenticity, provenance, source, and suitability for a particular purpose. This is including but not limited to in this statement.
Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC makes every possible effort to document flaws, however it is ULTIMATELY 100% BIDDER responsibility to use their best judgement BEFORE placing a bid. It is strongly advised bidders attend previews.
Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does clean up some lot items prior to cataloguing, but may not have time to clean everything thoroughly.
BIDDER AGREES there are no guarantees, warranties, or refunds.
BIDDER AGREES: Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC may or may not photograph markings, the underside of items, or maker's stamps and it is bidder responsibility to research item, attend preview and/or ask questions prior to bidding.
BIDDER AGREES: Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC may use the following terminology to denote time period or perceived appearance of lot items:
*Retro, "Fantasy," or Repro: newer items that are vintage or antique INSPIRED.
*Vintage: items 25 years or older
*Antique: Items that are 100 years or older or very close to the century mark
*Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not remove lot stickers or tags at the close of the auction.
BIDDER AGREES: not everything will be in writing in the descriptions.
BIDDER AGREES: it is their responsibility to view all photos provided AND read all lot descriptions in their ENTIRETY if provided
***IF YOU BID & YOU WIN THE LOT, YOUR CARD WILL BE CHARGED, YOU BOUGHT IT***
***ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO EXCEPTIONS***
4. All sales are in USD
5. We accept credit/debit cards as forms of payment. Payment must be made using American Express/MasterCard/Visa/Discover. Due to current Covid-19 only card payments will be allowed for purchases. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR BEFORE THEY ARE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES.
6. We are required to collect and remit NC sales tax by law. If you are tax exempt, you MUST supply a valid resale certificate to Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC to be kept on file. We must have a copy of your resale certificate PRIOR to the day an auction closes. We will not honor requests for tax exemption without a current and valid copy of your resale certificate. No exceptions.
7. Pick up date/time is specified in each individual auction along with a preview date.
***READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT OUR PICK UP POLICY:
Please ensure your navigation system has the correct location of our auction house. We are located between Wilber's BBQ in Goldsboro and Walnut Creek in the Village Green shopping center right off of Lake Wackena Road. We are in Wayne County, NC close to the Lenoir County, NC line. We are not located in or near Johnson County, NC. Our auction house is located to the rear of Village Steakhouse & Pub and directly next door to Jennifer's Chair Hair Salon. Please do not head towards the direction of Princeton, NC if your GPS tells you to do so. If you have any questions or need help with directions, please give us a call. We will be happy to help you if you need directions or guidance.
It is bidder responsibility to show up on the designated day to pick up your items unless you are a shipping customer. For shipping policies, please refer to the shipping policy section outlined below.
The pick up date and time is added to each bidders' electronic invoice copy along with pick up address. Pick up date & time is well advertised ahead of time, and is placed on the actual live auction heading. Therefore, we will not honor requests for an alternate pick up date of your choosing. No exceptions.
***AFTER 30 DAYS, YOUR ITEMS WILL BE RESOLD WITH NO REFUNDS GIVEN. GANDER & GAVEL AUCTION CO. LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESELL YOUR ITEMS OR DISPOSE OF THEM AFTER 30 DAYS. FURTHERMORE, WE ONLY ALLOW PICK UP OF AUCTION ITEMS ON DESIGNATED PICK UP DAYS. YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SHOW UP ON PICK UP DAY TO RETREIVE YOUR ITEMS.
***NO MONDAY-THURSDAY OR SUNDAY PICK UP OF AUCTION ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED UNLESS SPECIFIED. NO EXCEPTIONS
BIDDER AGREES: Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not permit stockpiling of auction winnings at our auction house for pick up at a later date. We are limited on storage space and do not have the storage space to store your items for later pick up. Bidders who ignore terms & conditions and continuously attempt to stockpile risk having their bidding privileges revoked.
BIDDER AGREES: If bidder fails to show up on designated pick up days, Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC may restrict or lock your bidding privileges with our auction company until previous won auction lots are picked up at a subsequent designated pick up day. Habitual no show and/or difficult behavior will result in permanent termination of your bidding privileges.
Bidders who fail to pick up items and adhere to the terms & conditions RISK having their bidding privileges terminated with no warning.
8. NON PAYING BIDDER POLICY:
*Bidders who fail to pay their invoice PRIOR to the CLOSE of the final auction pick up day will forfeit their items and Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will permanently terminate bidder privileges.
*Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not unlock non payiing bidder accounts after a bidder fails to pay their bill on time. It is a permanent lock.
*Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will resell or dispose of unpaid items as we see fit. The 30 day pick up terms & conditions does not apply in the event a bidder does not pay their bill on time.
*If your card declines, we send an immediate notification to your email address provided. Please respond back immediately as soon as possible before pick up to resolve your non payment issue.
*If you fail to respond to requests to fix your card decline, but you show up on pick up day to resolve, please ensure you have a valid card to present to the auctioneer(s). Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not keep cash/change on the premises. Please ensure you read our forms of payment/payment policies in the terms & conditions. You will be required to present a valid card that goes through in order for us to release your auction winnings.
9. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to abusive, defamatory, and/or manipulative behavior against our company and auctioneers. Bidders who use these tactics to try to pressure the auctioneers into reversing terms & conditions bidder agreed to upon registration will be banned. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will enforce terms & conditions bidder has agreed to. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will permanently terminate the bidding privileges on the spot of any bidder who perpetuates this behavior.
10. The auctioneer is the sole judge in the event of a disputed bid. The auctioneer may reopen the bidding at his or her discretion. The highest/successful bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser and thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility. Purchaser will sign for and pay full price for the said lot.
11. There is a 15% buyer's premium added to each purchase as part of the purchase price.
12. All items are held to/with a minimum and/or reserve bid unless specified. The owner(s) of the items and his or her representative are not allowed to bid on the items offered for auction. Auctioneer may remove items from auction with no warning upon consignor request; due to mutual agreement between said consignor and auctioneer.
13. Buyers are responsible for removal of items and providing own packing and transport materials for items purchased. Auction company does not supply boxes and packing materials nor cannot aid in the removal or packing of items from/at pick up location.
14. It is not Gander & Gavel Auction Co., LLC responsibility to ensure buyers/sellers check their personal email accounts. Emails are sent to winning bidders within 24 hours after the auction closes. Don't forget to check your "spam" or "junk" email folders for our emails along with the "inbox" folder.
15. Announcements made the day of the sale supersede and take precedence over any previous announcements or advertisements.
16. Items that have not met reserve will not show up on your invoice. It is bidder responsibility to contact the auctioneer PRIOR TO THE CLOSE OF THE AUCTION if you have any questions about reserve lots.
17. Any props used to photograph and catalogue lot items are not included unless other wise specified. This includes, but is not limited to: plate stands, hat stands, dress forms, tables we use to photograph items on etc.
18. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC reserves the right to edit the terms and conditions of this agreement, and it is the buyer's responsibility to review any changes prior to registering and bidding in our auctions. By bidding in our auctions, you agree in advance to accept such revisions/changes.
19. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will not be held responsible for errors or omissions caused by an interruption of internet or telephone service. Bidder acknowledges that the auction is being conducted electronically and hardware and/or software may malfunction without warning. Auctioneer, in their sole discretion, may void any sale, suspend bidding, or re-sell any items that were affected by any malfunction.
20. Bidder is responsible for any bids placed under their bidder account.
21. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC reserves the right to reject any bidder or bids at our sole discretion. If a bidder at any time feels their account has been compromised due to lack of bidder's security, please notify us immediately.
22. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does NOT TOLERATE the use of our business premises for patron personal sales or financial gain without Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC's owners permission. This includes but is not limited to: attempting to sell or selling, promoting of one's own business and/or financial gains, and/or identifying and subsequently intercepting auction house consignors/clients who may be present. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC may/does promote businesses that ask and are granted permission i.e. just ask and find out if the aucition house will allow it. If you do not ask and break this rule; you may be permanently banned.
***SHIPPING INFORMATION/TERMS & CONDITIONS***
***PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FIRST AS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not mark all of our lots as shipping available. If you are not local to us and see a lot that does not say "shipping available," please DO NOT bid on this lot unless you plan on attending pick up date and time in person or arranging 100% of the shipping arrangements yourself and buyer must update auction company before close of business on the pick up day. (This means if the lot is not marked for shipping available and buyer is not personally retrieving buyer lot then buyer is responsible for researching and acquiring a shipping company to pick up and ship the lot to buyer.) Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC has specific reasons such lots are not marked for shipping and will not be held responsible for lots left past pick up date. Not reading the terms and conditions of the auction is not an excuse for refund as no refund will be given. If you wish to discuss any lots with us, please feel free to contact us PRIOR to the start of an auction close. Please understand, if you fail to read this policy, and you bid on these lots anyway and win, you are 100% RESPONSIBLE for these lots and there is NO REFUND.
BIDDER AGREES: Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will not drop off items at a carrier location nor make arrangements for non shipping lots due to bidder failure to read terms & conditions. Bidder agrees that they have 30 DAYS to pick up or make shipping arrangements on these lots. After 30 days, bidder agrees that lot(s) will be considered abandoned. After 30 days, Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will dispose of or resell these items as we see fit with no refunds given.
1. Shipping is available on select items to the lower 48 states only at this time. We offer packing & shipping typically on smaller items. We do not ship liquids of any kind. Batteries, light bulbs, etc will be removed prior to packing.
***Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will not be held responsible if bidder has supplied an incorrect shipping address and/or phone number***
BIDDER AGREES: in the event a package(s) is returned to us via the carrier due to incorrect/insufficient supplied address, bidder will be financially responsible for the shipping charges a second time if they wish to have the package(s) resent. We will resend your package(s) in this situation upon request with the correct address affixed. In the event a bidder has requested a package(s) resend, Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will charge your card on file again to cover the shipping charges. No additional handling charges apply in this situation. The original shipping charges are non refundable. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC HIGHLY encourages all bidders to ensure their shipping address supplied to our company is 100% correct and sufficient. We encourage all bidders to contact their local post office if they have any concerns or problems with their shipping address. If a bidder in this situation does not wish to have the package(s) resent, or does not supply Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC with instructions on how to proceed, the package(s) will be placed into a holding area for 30 days. After 30 days, the contents of the package(s) will become the property of Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC and items may be resold or disposed of at auction company discretion.
2. If we do the packing & shipping, we ship with UPS or USPS with insurance added to all packages. We will take into account specified shipping carrier requests from bidders, however it is ultimately up to the auctioneer which shipping carrier will be used. We do try to use flat rate shipping containers to ship heavy small items to try to help bidders save on shipping fees.
***We do not ship any items via media mail. No exceptions.
3. BIDDER AGREES:
Delivery confirmation will be added to invoices of $100 or more. All items shipped regardless of price will be packaged and have a tracking number. If the package shows delivered via tracking number, but buyer has not received the package then it becomes the responsibility of the buyer to contact their post office. As Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC has held up their responsibility to ship the package and it is the shipping service's responsibility to deliver the package; ergo items not delivered is out of Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC's scope of responsibilities.
2. We can look into shipment of larger items (ie: furniture) upon request WELL IN ADVANCE OF AUCTION CLOSE DAY. Please DO NOT BID on non-shipping items if you are out of area/state without PRIOR consultation with one of our auctioneers.
Non local/out of state bidder agrees: if they bid on a non shipping lot, and fails to consult with the auctioneer prior to auction close regarding shipping arrangements, bidder will be fully responsible for all shipping charges and arrangements or pick up if they win that lot.
3. BIDDER AGREES: to notify auctioneers in the notes section at the time of registration if they will need shipping. If a bidder fails to leave notes to auctioneer at the time of registration requesting shipping, bidder agrees shipment of their items may end up delayed if bidder shipping requests extend into the following week. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does the majority of packing for shipment on Saturday auction pick up days. Weekdays are reserved primarily for cataloguing of auctions at our auction house.
4. BIDDER AGREES:
We charge a $5-$20 handling fee PER SHIPPING ENVELOPE AND/OR BOX in addition to carrier shipping charges AND buyer's premium if we take care of the packing & shipping process.
If your order is deemed large and labor intensive (this includes but is not limited to: ie. large lots of glassware or china sets, very delicate glassware, tools, larger heavy items, odd shaped items, large items, unusual shaped items, etc.) then our company reserves the right to turn the labor over to UPS for their services. Bidder understands that Gander & Gavel Auction Co., LLC's and UPS handling charges may differ considerably and the cost of handling my be greater than $20.
5. DECLINED CARD:
No item or lot or package will be allowed to leave the auction premises without payment via card. If a card is declined this will delay the shipping for items requiring shipping and will delay buyer at pick up. It is the responsibility of the buyer to back their bid by paying for the items and shipping if required. If payment for shipping is not resolved by the 30 day mark then the items will become the property of Gander & Gavel Auction Co., LLC as they will be deemed "abandoned". No refunds given.
***We will honor bidder requests to omit lot items from shipping containers. However, we will not omit ANY lot items from containers unless bidder has granted Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC full permission in detailed writing to do so. ALL winning bidder lot item omissions for shipping requests MUST be in writing or all items will be shipped at winning buyer's expense. Please note the items we will remove that we have already identified in the "terms and conditions" or are not allowed to be shipped by USPS or UPS.
***BIDDER AGREES that if permission is granted in detailed writing for auctioneer to omit shippable lot items from shipping containers, the omitted lot items immediately become the property of Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC as they will be considered voluntarily forfeited/abandoned. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will resell, donate, or discard omitted lot items as we see fit.
***BIDDER AGREES: Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not prorate or grant adjusted refunds of any kind in the event a bidder requests items be omitted from shipping containers. All sold lot fees will remain the same and winning bidder is still required to pay the full lot amount and all associated fees.
6. BIDDER AGREES:
It MAY take up to 7 BUSINESS DAYS after the close of an auction before items ship if we handle the packing and shipping. The 7 day timeframe does not apply if bidder has delayed notifying auctioneers of request for shipping. The longer a bidder waits to notify auctioneers of shipping requests, the longer a shipment will be delayed. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC is a small family owned business. We will do everything we can to get your items out the door as quickly as possible in the days following an auction close.
If we opt to turn over the packing and shipping process to UPS: bidder will be notified. Please note, if UPS will be handling your shipping process, Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC no longer has control over how long it's going to take for your items to be packed and shipped.
BIDDER AGREES: If bidder does not return phone calls or messages regarding shipping arrangements, exhibits difficult behavior during UPS shipping arrangements, the longer lot items will sit in our auction house. The 30 day terms & conditions still applies to bidders who have requested shipping. If a bidder fails to finalize PAID shipping arrangements, Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC will dispose of, resell, or donate these items after 30 days with no refund given.
7. You will see two charges on your payment card. One will be for your auction invoice. The other charge will be for shipping and handling charges. Bidder understands and agrees that the cost of handling, and shipping charged to their card may be greater than the orginal purchase of the auction items.
8. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC requests that should packing & shipping be turned over to UPS, bidders respond back to messages and/or phone calls in a timely manner so that we may help expedite and arrange the shipping process. Bidder agrees, if they delay response back to our auction company or auctioneers have difficulty reaching bidder, it will continue to delay the shipping process.
9. Terms & conditions still apply to all bidders local and out of area/state.
10. SHIPPING CARRIER CHARGES:
Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not control carrier shipping charges. Shipping charges may be higher than expected due to the continous rise of shipping costs. Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC uses a variety of shipping containers to include flat rate envelopes & boxes. Shipping services may be denied on large orders from local shipping providers. This is outside of Gander & Gavel Auction Co., LLC's control. Gaining the service of shipping is always the responsibility of the buyer; the auction company will only assist in shipping and is not responsible for items or orders that are denied shipping, and or lost due to shipping. The auction company will charge fees as stated for the handling of the order for shipping and the buyer will pay for the shipping.
11. BIDDER AGREES that if they have won auction item(s) and require shipping:
Bidder is financially responsible for Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC's and/or UPS packaging and handling fees AND carrier fees. Bidder's card on file will be charged for these fees.
12. BIDDER AGREES:
In the event of a card chargeback, Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC may pursue legal action in this situation.
13. BIDDER AGREES:
Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC does not control transit time once your package(s) have left our auction house. Covid19 has greatly impacted carrier service in some circumstances.
14. BIDDER AGREES:
All items will not be shipped until all invoices & charges have been paid for. Auction terms & conditions apply to ALL bidders. Items not picked up or shipped will be resold after 30 days with no refunds given.
All items will be ready for pickup at Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC location address:5674 US-70 E Goldsboro, NC 27534 on Friday March 5th, 2021 from 5-7 PM & Saturday March 6th, 2021 12-5 PM
Gander & Gavel Auction Co. LLC
Stephanie Cass NCAL #10352
Andrew Cass NCAL #10351
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms