Auction Terms & Conditions TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS WITH ALL ITS FAULTS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCHANGES OR REPLACEMENTS. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO WARRANTIES ARE MADE THAT ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE COMPLIES WITH ANY APPLICABLE GOVERNMENTAL RULES, REGULATIONS OR ORDINANCES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER. All items are available for inquiries prior to bidding. Written and oral descriptions are the opinions of Esquis Auction Services and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. Esquis Auction Services believes to the best of its knowledge that the information presented in any auction has come from reliable sources. However, such information is presented solely for the convenience of the prospective purchasers. Esquis Auction Services attempts to catalog every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of the lot. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to examine all items in which they have an interest. By placing a bid, in any capacity, you signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire and have had the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers from Esquis Auction Services that you deem adequate. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, do not bid on the lot in question. We are not affiliated with any government entity and none of the items sold were seized.
2. In no event shall auctioneer's liability for any breach, or act or omission exceed the Purchase Price (as defined herein) actually paid by the buyer, and in no event shall Esquis Auction Services have any liability under any circumstances for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including for loss of profits or revenue, costs of obtaining alternative property, claims of customers of buyer or otherwise), whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of, resulting from or in any way relating to the lot or its purchase, sale, delivery or non-delivery, or the acts or omissions of Esquis Auction Services.
3. The successful bidder is the highest bidder acknowledged by Esquis Auction Services. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on Esquis Auction Services's part as to the validity of any bid, Esquis Auction Services will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Esquis Auction Services's sale record is conclusive. While Esquis Auction Services makes every effort to guarantee accuracy, in the event of a mistake on the part of auctioneer, and a lot is accidentally declared sold by mistake of the auctioneer, Esquis Auction Services reserves the right to cancel the sale and relist the lot in its sole discretion.
4. The bidder assumes full responsibility for items at the fall of the hammer (or expiration of time in an online auction). A bid entered by mistake on the part of a bidder is NOT grounds for a cancellation of the bid. Each bidder is responsible for his or her own account and bids. By allowing access to another who enters a bid without your knowledge will NOT be grounds for a rescission of the bid(s). Therefore, any bid made on your account will bind you to the bid in accordance with these terms. If an entity places a bid on a lot, then the person executing such bid on behalf of the entity hereby agrees to personally guarantee payment for any successful bid.
5. All bids are subject to a non-refundable buyer's premium which shall be added to a successfully placed bid upon sale of each lot, any applicable local sales tax, and shipping and handling costs that are more fully described in the section entitled "Shipping and Handling" (collectively, the "Purchase Price"). Any bidder that represents a purchaser is personally and individually responsible for any obligations of the purchaser set forth in these terms and conditions. All purchasers purchasing pursuant to a valid resale license will need to provide appropriate documentation for removal of state sales tax.
6. Bidder's bid at all times represents an irrevocable offer by bidder to enter into a binding contract to purchase the lot in accordance with the specific provisions of the listing and these general terms and conditions, as applicable, even if a higher bid was received by Esquis Auction Services In the placing of any bid the bidder understands and agrees that the bid, once accepted by Esquis Auction Services, will be the winning bid if there is no higher bid by another bidder and if any reserve or reduced reserve on the lot is exceeded by the bid. All bids are binding, irrevocable and non-cancelable by bidder. Esquis Auction Services has final discretion on sale of a lot. The decisions of Esquis Auction Services are final. In the unlikely event that we lose our internet connection, Esquis Auction Services reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel the remainder of the auction.
7. PAYMENT: IF IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION ESQUIS AUCTION SERVICES AGREES TO REFUND A PURCHASE YOU WILL BE CHARGED A 20% RESTOCKING FEE OF THE HAMMER PRICE AND YOU WILL STILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING FEES AS WELL AS RETURN SHIPPING. THE PREVIOUSLY PAID BUYER'S PREMIUM IS NOT REFUNDABLE. PLEASE BID RESPONSIBLY AND DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE PRIOR TO PLACING A BID.
8. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES: IN THE EVENT THAT YOU BID AND ARE DEEMED THE WINNER OF AN ITEM BY ESQUIS AUCTION SERVICES BUT FAIL TO MAKE PAYMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INVOICE SENT TO YOU OR CLAIM A DISPUTE WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT INTERMEDIARY, SUCH AS A CREDIT CARD COMPANY, YOU WILL BE ASSESSED A CHARGE OF 15% OF THE HAMMER PRICE AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. BY BIDDING ON ANY SUCH LOT YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE PAYMENT OF SUCH LIQUIDATED DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF THE IRREPARABLE HARM THAT WILL BE SUSTAINED BY ESQUIS AUCTION SERVICES. FURTHERMORE, IN THE EVENT THAT A WINNING BIDDER FAILS TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING THE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES DESCRIBED HEREIN, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPORT SUCH NONPAYMENT TO CREDIT AND COLLECTION AGENCIES IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
9. Esquis Auction Services reserves the right to reject any bid at any time and at its sole discretion. Esquis Auction Services additionally reserves the right in its sole and unlimited discretion at any time prior to, during, or even after the close of the auction to exclude any person or individual bid and to award any lot to the highest accepted bid. Esquis Auction Services reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before, during, or after the auction without liability.
10. On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer (or expiration of time in an online auction), ownership of the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to fulfillment by such bidder, of all the conditions set forth herein, and such bidder thereupon, a) assumes full risk and responsibility thereof, but not limited to, insurance, fire, theft, removal and storage or damage from any and all causes, and b) will pay the full Purchase Price thereof or such part as we may require. In addition to other remedies available to us by law, we reserve the right to impose a late charge of 1.5% per month of the total Purchase Price if payment is not made in accordance with the conditions set forth herein. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to us and the consignor by law, including, without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the total Purchase Price, we at our option may, a) cancel the sale, retaining all payments made by the purchaser, b) resell the property at public auction with or without reserve, and the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency costs including handling charges, the expenses of both sales, our commissions on both sales at our regular rates, reasonable attorney's fees, incidental damages, and all other charges due hereunder, c) reject future bids from the buyer or render such bids subject to payment of a deposit, d) charge interest at 18% per annum from the date payment became due until the date the Purchase Price is received in cleared funds, e) subject to notification of the buyer, exercise a lien over any of the buyer's property which is in the possession of Esquis Auction Services and no earlier than 30 days from the date of such notice, arrange the sale of such property and apply the proceeds to the amount owed to Esquis Auction Services or any of our affiliated companies after the deduction from sale proceeds of our standard commission rates and sale-related expenses, f) commence legal proceedings to recover the Purchase Price, together with interest and the costs of such proceedings, g) set off the outstanding amount remaining unpaid by the buyer against any amounts which Esquis Auction Services, or our affiliated companies, may owe the buyer in any other transactions, or h) take such other action as we deem necessary or appropriate. In the event that such a buyer pays a portion of the Purchase Price for any or all lots purchased, Esquis Auction Services shall apply the payment received to such lot or lots that Esquis Auction Services in its sole discretion deems appropriate. In the case of default, purchaser shall be liable for legal fees, costs and expenses associated with an attempted collection of payment from purchaser. In addition, a defaulting purchaser will be deemed to have granted us a security interest in, and we may retain as collateral security for such purchaser's obligations to us, any property in our possession owned by such purchaser. Furthermore, in the event that a purchaser fails to make any payments under these terms and conditions, a 15% charge as liquidated damages will be administered as described in Section 9. We hereby reserve the right to report such non-payment to credit and collection agencies in our sole discretion.
11. If any dispute occurs between a bidder and Esquis Auction Services that cannot be resolved, then the parties agree to the rules, regulations and procedures of the dispute resolution described herein and agree to the following procedures for resolution of the dispute: If either party alleges that the other party is in default under this agreement, then the dispute or allegation shall be submitted to binding arbitration in the state of Illinois Esquis Auction Services shall select a neutral arbitrator. The arbitration process shall be initiated by either party requesting arbitration which must be served upon the other party by certified mail. Failure to participate in the arbitration is a default. If an arbitration procedure is initiated by request of a bidder, the bidder shall bear the financial burden of fees to be paid to an arbitrator to that maximum amount available by law. Each party shall simply present their case (limited to a maximum of one hour for each party) to the arbitrator. By bidding on any lot, the bidder hereby agrees and acknowledges that it is completely waiving its rights to have the dispute heard in a court of law. The bidder agrees that the arbitrator shall have complete jurisdiction over the dispute and can issue an award to the prevailing party. Arbitration fees shall be paid by the party prevailing in the dispute or as seen fit by the arbitrator. Any award determined by the arbitrator shall be binding and the prevailing party shall be awarded full reimbursement of its actual paid fees in connection with the dispute. By participating in an Esquis Auction Services auction, bidder specifically agrees to the dispute resolution specified in the foregoing paragraph as bidder's SOLE means to resolve any and all disputes which may arise with Esquis Auction Services. By doing so bidder specifically agrees that bidder will not file a dispute of any kind with an online venue, a credit card, or any other third-parties. Bidder specifically waives the right to initiating a credit card chargeback dispute on any basis of claim and agrees that bidder will pay Esquis Auction Services a minimum of $300 plus hourly charges and costs for any such chargeback dispute opened, due to the severe administrative burden of such disputes and their direct violation of the dispute provisions above. In the event that Bidder violates this dispute resolution provisions, in consideration of Esquis Auction Services's approval of the application of the bidder to bid in Esquis Auction Services's auction, bidder confesses judgment to fraud having been committed by bidder against Esquis Auction Services and further agrees that bidder is liable to Esquis Auction Services for all damages, losses and costs, including time charges, resulting.
12. The bidder hereby waives, releases, remises, acquits, and forever discharges Esquis Auction Services and any consignor, and shall indemnify and hold them harmless against any claims, actions, cause of action, demands, rights, damages, costs, expenses, or compensation whatsoever, direct or indirect, known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, which the bidder now has or which may arise in the future on the account of or in any way growing out of or connected with any defects, latent or otherwise, or the physical condition of any items or lots purchased or any law or regulation applicable thereto. Esquis Auction Services or consignor shall provide notice to bidder promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
13. If any provision of these terms and conditions or of any listing be void, unlawful or unenforceable under applicable law, that provision shall be modified to the minimum extent possible to comply with applicable law, or if modification is not possible, deleted and severed from the remaining provisions. Any such modification, deletion or severing shall not affect the enforceability or validity of any of the remaining provisions.
14. These terms and conditions, the contents of any listing and the contractual relationship between Esquis Auction Services and any bidder shall be interpreted under and governed by the laws of the state of Illinois.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms