Auction Terms & Conditions !! IMPORTANT !!
Please read both Gun Sale Auction Terms & General Auction Terms before bidding on any item. Your bidding acknowledges acceptance of all terms.
ALL FIREARMS ARE SOLD AS-IS WITH NO GAURENTEE AS TO CONDITION. PHYSICAL INSPECTION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
NO LIVE AMMUNITION WILL BE SHIPPED.
Gun Sale Auction Terms & Conditions
1. All firearms in this auction that have a (R) in the description are considered modern firearms (post-1898) and will need a background check completed unless you are a dealer holding a FFL license. All firearms are sold in accordance with Federal and Pennsylvania State Laws. Purchasers of modern firearms who are Pennsylvania residents must complete state and federal registration forms at Horst Auction Center. Purchaser must be 18 years of age to purchase a long gun and 21 years of age to purchase a hand gun. A $10 fee is charged for each instant check.
2. A $3 state surcharge will be charged on each modern firearm purchase that are subject to PA state sales tax. The state surcharge does not apply to antique firearms.
3. Purchasers wishing to have firearms shipped must provide a signed copy of a Federal Firearms License from a dealer that your purchase can be shipped to. Please email to email@example.com or fax to 717-738-2132 within 48 hours of the conclusion of the auction.
4. Gun dealers holding a Federal Firearms License must provide a signed and up-to-date copy of their license. No background check is required for FFL holders. In addition a sales tax exemption number can be provided to avoid paying PA sales tax.
5. Curio & Relic licenses will be accepted on auction lots indicated in the description '(C&R)'. All firearms in this auction that have (C&R) in the description need to have a background check done unless you carry a C & R license or an FFL license. If you hold a C&R license you still must the $3 state surcharge and sales tax on each C&R firearm.
6. All Firearms sold only to US Residents. All out of state buyers must meet all of the requirements of their home state. No hand guns may be transferred to out of state purchasers unless they have an FFL. For those who are out of state and purchase a handgun but are not an FFL, the handgun will need to be shipped to an FFL in your state for an additional cost. You will then need to complete the necessary paperwork with that FFL dealer.
7. All firearms in this auction that DO NOT have a (R) or (C&R) in the description DO NOT need a NICS background checked and can be picked up or shipped directly to your door UNLESS a mistake was made when cataloging and it should have been marked with a (R) or (C&R).
8. Trigger locks must be purchased for all modern handguns. $2 will be charged for standard locks.
9. All pickup and payment must be handled during the designated pickup period (Monday, October 26 / 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. & Tuesday, October 27 / 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Background checks will be completed at our location, at pickup.
10. All firearms are sold "AS IS." The seller and auction company do no warrant the authenticity or condition of any items. Descriptive references contained in any document or used by any person in describing the items being sold are used for convenience only. Bidder inspection is encouraged. Please see preview times available for the auction to examine items to your satisfaction. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
General Auction Terms & Conditions
1. All items are sold "AS IS." The seller and auction company do no warrant the authenticity or condition of any items. Descriptive references contained in any document or used by any person in describing the items being sold are used for convenience only. Bidder inspection is encouraged. Please see preview times available for the auction to examine items to your satisfaction. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
2. All items MUST be picked up during the specified pickup time. No exceptions will be made. Failure to remove items during stated time will result in forfeiture of item(s). Buyer's credit card will still be charged full amount.
3. All items are sold without reserve to the highest bidder. Estimates contained in any document or used by any person in reference to items being sold are for buyer's convenience only.
4. Title of each lot passes to the high bidder when the lot is "struck down." Thereafter, any loss is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Items are packed and transported by the purchaser at his own risk and expense. If any employee or agent of T. Glenn Horst and Son, Inc. shall pack or transport the items, it is fully at the risk and responsibility of the purchaser. T. Glenn Horst and Son, Inc. is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by said employee or agent.
5. T. Glenn Horst and Son, Inc. reserves the right to withdraw any property before the auction.
6. All bids are per lot, as numbered, unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer.
7. Any action, claim, complaint, expense, judgment, liability, loss, obligation, penalty, and suit of every kind will exclusively construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim or controversy between the parties is Pennsylvania's.
8. ABSENTEE BIDDING: Absentee bids will be accepted for this auction. Bidding is competitive with the auction floor, therefore, it is possible to buy lots for less than your maximum bid. If the bid falls to the auction floor on the maximum bid, the item will be sold to the auction floor. The auctioneer will not go higher than the maximum bid. In the event of duplicate bids, the first bid received will take precedence.
9. ONLINE BIDDING: Bidders are approved for online bidding based on their previous records and information provided by HiBid. Credit card payment information must be entered before approval. Approval is solely at the discretion of T. Glenn Horst & Son, Inc. We are not aware of any online bids in advance, but only during the time of the auction as they are forwarded to our computer. T. Glenn Horst & Son, Inc. will not be responsible for any omissions, errors or slow communications related to online bidding. In the event of a tie bid between a floor bidder and an online bidder, the floor bidder will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision in this matter is final. A 13% Buyer's Premium will be charged to all successful online bidders. Payment will be processed at pickup. The buyer's premium will be 10% on all invoices paid with cash or Pennsylvania check. Credit Cards will be run at the conclusion of designated pickup period for all items not yet paid for.
10. All buyers will pay Pennsylvania sales tax of 6% unless a valid Tax Exemption Identification is on file or presented at time of purchase.
11. Bidding on any item acknowledges your acceptance of these terms of auction
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms