Auction Terms & Conditions All items offered are selling utilizing a timed auction at our gallery in Chelsea, Michigan on Saturday October 24, 2020. Competitive bidding will occur until such time the auctioneer declares each lot SOLD, at which time possession shall transfer to the successful buyer. Buyer's are solely responsible to inspect and review all information, including photographs provided and to ask any questions prior to placing bids online. All items shall be sold without return privileges and buyer shall rely on their own knowledge and inspection of any and all lots offered. We will do our very best to assist you, however, if you wait to ask questions until auction day, we may not be able to assist you. Call or email well in advance of the auction to ensure a pleasant experience with us.
Terms & Conditions:
1) We do our best to provide you accurate descriptions, however, it is solely your(the buyer's) responsibility to ask any necessary questions and or to physically inspect the lot(s) you are bidding upon, prior to placing bids as ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD 'AS IS, WHERE IS', WITHOUT RETURN PRIVILEGES. Ownership transfers when auctioneer strikes the gavel or declares the item sold.
2)We, Merkel's Auction Specialists, Inc., NEVER RE-OPEN BIDDING once the auctioneer declares the item is sold, due to the fact that a contract has been created and the transfer of property has already occurred. BE SURE TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE YOUR BID IN AND YOU ARE ON TOP, PRIOR TO THE AUCTIONEER DECLARING THE ITEM SOLD.... The Auctioneer has final and total discretion as to where or who the highest bid lies upon such time that he(the auctioneer) declares the item sold. All bids are irrevocable and shall be in accepted in accordance to the conditions of sale in whatever form the bids are obtained, IE.(Absentee, Phone, Live (on floor) or from the internet.
3)Speed of Internet- If you plan to bid online, we 'STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU' to enter your highest bid into Proxibid, PRIOR TO THE START OF THE AUCTION, since it is a known fact that there is often a lag time between when you enter your bid(at your computer) and when it actually arrives to our internet assistant on the auction floor during the live auction. Trying to bid in real time is very tricky and timing is dependent on a number of factors well beyond our control.
4) Winning Bid Notice and Invoices: Merkel's Auction Specialists, Inc. will contact, via email, all winning bidders within 48 hours of the completion of the auction. The email contact will help ensure that we get your item delivered to the proper shipping address.
5) Payment of Invoices: We try to keep this as simple as possible for our internet buyers utilizing the following manner. We charge your credit card for the total amount of your bids plus the buyer's premium. Upon determining the Shipping & Handling charges we charge your credit card a second time, only for these additional charges. If you are sending a Money Order or Cashiers Check please do so immediately upon receipt of your invoice and provide us with a credit card number to charge your shipping total. This will make it much easier on both ends to complete your transaction in a timely manner. Please note: If you do not respond to our email within 3 days, we will charge the credit card you used to register for this auction. Thank you and we know that the majority of online bidders are honest and have integrity, we just need to cover the details for the few who make it difficult for the rest of us.
6) Buyer's Premium= 18% will be added to the total winning amount bid for all internet buyers. If you pay by cash, you will get a 3% discount.
7) Sales Tax- If you are located in the State of Michigan, we are required to collect 6% Sales Tax unless you provide us with a VALID & CURRENT copy of your Resale/Tax Exempt Certificate from the State of Michigan. NO EXCEPTIONS!
8) Acceptance of Terms & Conditions: By bidding on any lot(s) offered herein via the internet, absentee, by phone or in person, you(the bidder) indicates and unconditionally accepts the Terms and Conditions of this auction.
9) Contact Info- Merkel's Auction Specialists, Inc c/o: Joseph Merkel President/Auctioneer P.O.Box 459 Chelsea, Michigan 48118 (734)320-9828.
Thank you and best of luck with your bids.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms