Auction Terms & Conditions
THIS IS AN ONLINE ONLY AUCTION
It is very important that you read and understand all our terms and conditions before bidding, because by bidding you are entering into a legal and binding contract with Wyoming Estate Services LLC. Also, we want you to have a great experience with no surprises!
Here's how it works:
1) To bid, you must register with a credit card on our auction page (www.wyomingestateservices.hibid.com).
2) Each item in the catalog will have photographs, a description, and the time that bidding will close for that item. The closing times are staggered to give you 30 seconds between items to bid. You will also see a display of the current amount bid and the next bid amount required.
3) You must bid at least the bid increment displayed. We highly recommend that you use our maximum bid feature. You simply enter your maximum bid, and the HiBid program will bid automatically for you in the set increments against competitors up to your maximum bid. For example, if the current bid is $35, and the bid increment is $5., when you enter a maximum bid of $50, you will become the high bidder at $40. If your competitor bids $45, you will automatically become the high bidder at $50. If your competitor bids $55, you are out unless you bid again, as your maximum bid has been exceeded. Remember that you can raise your maximum bid at any time during the auction, but you cannot lower it once it has been placed.
4) A 10% buyer's premium will be added to your purchases. For example, if you purchase an item for $50.00, you will pay $55. ($50 plus the 10% buyer's premium). Please take this into account when bidding.
5) Wyoming sales tax is 5%, and will be charged unless you have provided a tax exempt number by contacting us by email or phone 307-577-1553 after registering to give us your tax exempt number. You will only have to contact us with your tax exempt number once (the first time you bid on one of our auctions).
6) Our auctions feature extended bidding. If a bid is placed on an item in the final minute before closing, the closing time will be extended by 1 minute on that item to give others another chance to bid and not lose out to a bid "sniper". This will continue until no bids are received in the final minute of the auction, at which point the bidding will close on the item.
7) At the end of the auction, we will charge the credit card you provided at registration. We accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover. If charges are declined by the credit card company, a non-sufficient funds charge of $25.00 will be assessed to you, and you will be immediately notified by email that you have 24 hours to contact Wyoming Estate Services LLC with an alternative payment method.
8) We will send you a confirmation email with your paid invoice within 24 hours after the close of the auction. Please bring it with you to pick up your items.
9) You will pick up your purchases in Casper, Wyoming on Saturday, March 17th. The email we send will give you the address and the time to pick up your purchases. Please come at your assigned time to avoid parking problems and long wait times. Should you have an emergency and be unable to pick up your item, please give us a call at 307-577-1553 so we can work with you to make alternate arrangements.
10) Hand gun buyers must be at least 21 years old. Firearms will be available for pickup by the successful bidder at Trigger's Gun Shop, 4817 W. Highway Street, Mills, Wyoming on or after March 17th during regular shop hours. You will need to present your paid invoice to pick up your items. Firearm buyers picking up at Trigger's will need a valid, state issued Wyoming ID to pick up their items. All firearms transfers will be handled by Trigger's Gun Shop. A $15.00 fee per firearm will be charged for each transfer by Trigger's. Please keep this in mind when bidding.
11) If you live a long distance away and are willing to pay packing and shipping charges, we are able to ship small items by UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS. Shipping will be charged to you as a second transaction once the item is packed. Furniture items cannot be shipped. For large or heavy items, such as bronze sculptures, please contact us by email or phone at 307-577-1553 well in advance of the auction closing date and before bidding, to inquire if shipping is possible and receive an estimate.
12) All firearms shipments will be handled by Triggers Gun Shop. If you need your firearm shipped, please email us your FFL dealer information. The cost of packing and shipping will be charged to the buyer. Shipping will be by USPS ground shipping, unless the buyer contacts us regarding the use of a different shipping provider
13) If you do not pick up your purchases on pick up day or make alternate arrangements with us, they will be considered to be forfeited, and ownership will revert to the seller. No refund will be given. You will also be blocked from bidding on any of our auctions in the future.
14) All sales are final. However, if we describe an item's condition incorrectly and it is found to be damaged when you arrive for pickup, we will issue a refund for the item. No refunds will be issued for any other reason, including buyer's remorse.
15) We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel auctions, add to or remove items from an auction, and to establish minimum bids for items.
16) Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the auctioneer and seller from any and all damages, claims, or liabilities for injuries to persons or property during the pickup and removal of items purchased.. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability resulting from the use of the item(s) sold hereunder.
17) Wyoming Estate Services LLC provides internet bidding as a service to our customers. Bidders acknowledge and understand that this service may not function correctly during the bidding period or at the time of auction closing. Under no circumstances shall bidders have any kind of claim against Wyoming Estate Services LLC if the internet bidding service fails to work correctly at any time, or if any bid is missed. We reserve the right to void and restart an auction in the event of a catastrophic system failure.
18) While we strive to be as accurate as possible, all measurements given in the item descriptions are approximate.
Sebae Data Solutions, Inc.
SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Sebae Data Solutions, (the makers of Auction Flex & HiBid (formerly Bidopia) hereafter referred to as "Sebae"), provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms & Conditions ("TAC"), which we may update from time to time without notice to you. The most current version of the TAC can be found found at any time by visiting the link: http://www.auctionflex.com/showtandc.ap
USE AND REGISTRATION
Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended members. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our service. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to the TAC.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Bidder Information") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Sebae has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sebae has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICE
Sebae provides the following services under the Auction Flex & HiBid trademarks: Integrated Web Service (for auctioneers), internet bidding (absentee, online-only, & webcast). You can learn more about these services in the following sections.
HIBID INTERNET AUCTION PLATFORM & WEB SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Sebae provides the HiBid (formerly Bidopia) Internet Auction Platform & Web Service ("HWS") under the HiBid trademark as a software solution for auctioneers wishing to extend the audience of their live auctions to the internet. The HWS provides various features including internet absentee bidding, internet-only auctions, and webcast auctions.
The HWS is able to changes its appearance to coincide with the website that it is powering. Accordingly, the HWS powers the www.hibid.com website as well as numerous Auction Flex customer websites. This ability to change appearance is a feature of the HWS. Much like internet merchant account providers can host a secure web page for a vendor to easily process payments, the HWS hosts certain portions of the auctioneer's website to easily enable advanced features such as internet bidding.
INTERNET ABSENTEE BIDDING
Internet absentee bidding allows you to place a bid for an item in advance of an auction. This allows you to place bids on lots without actually attending the auction.
Internet only bidding allows you to place a bid for an item prior to the auction lot closing online. In an internet-only auction there is no live auction.
Webcast auctions allow you to bid in real-time against other bidders or place pre-bids prior to a lot going "live".
Lots are sold in accordance with the Auctioneer's terms and conditions which are accessible from each lot's page. It is your responsibility to read and accept the Auctioneer's terms and conditions prior to placing your bid.
When you place a bid you are agreeing to be bound by the Auctioneer's & Sebae's terms and conditions. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract. Please keep in mind that you are bidding against other internet bidders as well as floor bidders, phone bidders, and regular absentee bidders (this list does not constitute a complete list of bidder types but does highlight the common bidder channels).
The auctioneer, at their discretion, can approve or deny bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or deny bidders for any reason. Prior to approval the auctioneer may contact you to determine your credit worthiness. If the auctioneer approves your bid, the auctioneer will then process your bid in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Should your bid for a lot prove successful, the auctioneer may contact you to arrange for payment & shipping (if applicable). If the auctioneer required registration via a credit card, the auctioneer reserves the right to process your winning bids to the credit card provided during registration.
Sebae, through the Auction Flex & HiBid products & services, facilitates the internet bidding process between the Auctioneer & the bidder. Sebae is in no way a party to the transaction. Because Sebae is not a party to the transaction, you accept that you will have no claim or cause of action against Sebae in respect of the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot. If you have a dispute with an Auctioneer or another user of the Service with regard to the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot you agree that Sebae, its officers, agents, employees will not be liable for losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, special loss, indirect loss and consequential los), costs, damages, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses of any kind arising out of or connected with such dispute. You also accept that none of the aforementioned are under any obligation to take any action to resolve any dispute between you and an Auctioneer
Sebae is not responsible for any typographical, pictorial or technical errors in information about Lots on the Site as provided by Auctioneers. Sebae does not evaluate Lots and does not act as a specialist or expert on any related subject matter. Sebae makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to Lots (including but not limited to representations or warranties as to the accuracy of description, genuineness, quality, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or safety). If you have any questions, e-mail the Auctioneer directly. In particular, make sure that you understand the Auctioneer's payment terms and shipping terms.
The Service requires you to login with your username and password prior to placing a bid on a Lot. Making bids with false information or with stolen credit card information is prohibited and illegal.
Your user name and password are required in order to place internet bids. Making bids in a false name or with an invalid or stolen credit card is prohibited. Each bid carries the computer coding of the Internet provider which allows the individual user to be traced and Sebae may at its discretion release this information to enable legal action to be taken. Sebae may, in its entire discretion, refuse or remove bids where it suspects that bids contravene this prohibition. By placing a bid, you are making a binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the Item at any price up to the maximum bid amount you submit. If you win, you must complete the transaction, subject to any contractual right or other right at law to rescind the contract in certain circumstances. Failure to complete transaction without lawful reason is not only a breach of your contract with the Seller but also a breach of this User Agreement.
The amount bid can be increased but cannot be decreased. The auctioneer may, at their discretion, allow you to withdraw and resubmit a bid in the case of bids containing an obvious typographical error. You may forward a request to withdraw a bid and resubmit a correct bid by immediately sending an email to the auctioneer, however, there is no guarantee that any bid will be withdrawn. Although Sebae will use best efforts to forward all bids, Sebae does not accept any responsibility for lost bids or problems with the recipient auctioneer's ability to process your bid. Moreover, Sebae cannot guarantee that bids received will be processed by the individual auctioneers.
Please note that Sebae's role is limited to the provision of the Site for dissemination and publication of information provided by the Sellers.
THE WINNING BID
The winning bid in an auction will be the highest bid that exceeds any reserve (if a reserve exists). In the case of equal bids, the earliest bid received will be the winning bid. If a higher bid is subsequently withdrawn or removed then the auctioneer shall have the right to accept the next highest bid.
NOTICE OF END OF SALE, PAYMENT & SHIPPING
After the sale has ended, the auctioneer will notify the winning bidder via phone, fax or mail that they have won. If you do not receive notice that you have made the winning bid and think that you are the top bidder, you should check with the auctioneer directly. You will make all payment for Items to the auctioneer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
BUYER'S PREMIUM, TAXES AND DUTIES
If you are a successful bidder, you are responsible for paying any buyer's premium, taxes and duties (including any VAT, sales tax and import duties) that may be imposed on the final price paid for an Item. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to check the applicable taxes and duties that may be imposed on an Item prior to bidding for it.
All material and content as provided by the Service is protected by copyright and similar rights. You can not use or make available any of that material for any commercial purpose.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
a. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Sebae expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
b. Sebae makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
c. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Sebae or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly state in the TAC.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Sebae shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Sebae has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of of the previous two sections titled 'Disclaimer of Warranties' and 'Limitation of Liability' may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Sebae harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
The TAC constitute the entire agreement between you and Sebae and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Sebae. The TAC and the relationship between you and Sebae shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Sebae agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Marion, Florida. The failure of Sebae to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TAC shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TAC is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TAC remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TAC must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.