Auction Terms & Conditions 1. All property is sold "as is", "where is", with any and all faults. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Schueller Auction Co shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, restorations or the effects of aging. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES, OR REFUSALS. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any kind, express or implied. Your bid will signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire, or that you have chosen not to examine the item. Property is open to the public for thorough inspection, and is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition, etc. Schueller Auction Co is not responsible for any variations in appearance of online photographs.
2. All statements contained in the catalog or in any bill of sale, invoice or elsewhere as to authorship, period, culture, source, origin, measurement, count, quality, rarity, provenance, importance, exhibition and literature of historical relevance, or physical condition ARE STATEMENTS OF OPINION AND NOT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES. No employee or agent of Schueller Auction Co is authorized to make on their behalf or on that of the property owner any representation or warranty, oral or written, with respect to any property.
3. A bid shall be conclusive proof that the person has made themselves acquainted with these conditions of sale and has agreed to be bound by them.
4. The buyer shall be the highest bidder. Should a tie or dispute arise between two bidders, the auctioneer may, at his discretion, reopen the bidding between the two high bidders until the property is sold.
5. The price recorded by the auctioneer and/or auction clerk takes priority and will be official.
6. To maintain the continuity of the sale, it shall be the duty of the auctioneer to advance the bidding at his own discretion, and may reject a nominal or fractional advance, should it, in his opinion prove injurious to the sale.
7. In the case of lots upon which there may be a reserve price, the auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the consignor. Consignors are not allowed to bid on their own property.
8. Before any purchases are allowed to be removed, full payment must be made in cash or by other means as announced by the auctioneer before the sale. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser shall pay any and all applicable taxes. Schueller Auction Co reserves the right to hold purchases where payment is made by check until notified by the bank that the check cleared. Schueller Auction Co reserves the right to require a bank check for large purchases.
9. Telephone, Absentee and Internet bids must be paid no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time the second business day following the conclusion of the auction. Bidders will complete absentee or phone bid providing valid credit card information.
10. Upon the fall of the hammer or when the Auctioneer says, "SOLD," title on the property shall pass to the highest bidder, who thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility. All lots shall be removed from the premises by the purchaser at his own risk and expense within the time period announced by the auctioneer.
11. Purchaser is responsible for all costs of shipping. Schueller Auction Co will offer shipping and packing for small items but they have to be full insured. Schueller Auction Co will recommend carriers and packers for big items as a convenience to purchasers, but assumes no responsibility for their actions. Schueller Auction Co will allow buyers to contract their own shipping company as a convenience to purchasers, but assumes no responsibility for their actions.
12. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions herein are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available Schueller Auction Co and the Consignor by law, including, without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price. Schueller Auction Co, at its option, may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser, or (b) resell the property publicly or privately, and in such event, the purchaser shall be liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs, including storage, the expense of both sales, Schueller Auction Co commission at its regular sale and all other charges due hereunder, and incidental charges.
13. It is our policy to protect the identity of any and all bidders and Consignors at our sales, whether the bidder or Consignor is present or has left an execution (absentee) bid with the Schueller Auction Co.
14. Schueller Auction Co and/or the Auctioneer(s), reserves the right to pass or withdraw any lot before or during the sale.
15. Final authority in all matters related to authority to bid and bidding rests solely with Schueller Auction Co and the auctioneer conducting the sale. This applies to bid increment (the auctioneer may, on occasion, change increments at any point during a sale at his discretion, and may employ different "standard" increments, absentee bidding, retracting a bid, re-offering a lot, or any other situation. Competing bids at the same level may be placed simultaneously in the salesroom. The auctioneer has sole discretion as to which bid is accepted during the sale.
16. All weights and measurements are approximations.
Additional Terms and Conditions For Internet Bidders
Schueller Auction Co is not liable for malfunctions, errors or omissions (hardware, software, electronic, human or otherwise) whether or not due to Schueller Auction Co? fault or negligence, resulting in the inaccurate transmittal of bids, the failure to execute bids or any other irregularity.
1. These terms and conditions have been added to our standard Terms and Conditions for bidders.
2. Bid increments may be changed at any time at the auctioneer's discretion. In some cases, these increments may not reflect those pre-programmed into the online bidding system. The auctioneer's decisions are final.
3. The online catalog may not always reflect the actual sequence of the auction or the lots to be presented. In some cases, the online catalog cannot be modified to accommodate last minute changes, such as withdrawal of an item, a revised description or estimates. Schueller Auction Co will make every effort to alert online bidders of such changes at the time the lot is presented (or not, in the case of withdrawal), but we do not guarantee that we can do so in every case and assume no liability if we cannot.
4. Right of Rescission - Online bidders are assumed to have the same access to information regarding the items for sale as other bidders, including those who participate in person. Schueller Auction Co has no responsibility to refund your bid or renegotiate bid price after you have received and inspected the property, unless the specific tests for bid rescission as defined in the general auction Terms and Conditions of sale.
5. Successful Internet bidder's will need to make payment and pickup arrangements directly with the auction company. Invoices are sent the following day after the auction. Communication is expected within 1-2 business days follwing the auction. If not picking up your items, shipping arrangements will need to be made at this time also.
6. Schueller Auction Co is not responsible for any variations in appearance of online photographs.
7. Gun transfers online and needing to be shipped will require a recieving FFL provider. Please contact the auction company for any questions regarding firearms purchase.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms