Auction Terms & Conditions Welcome to this Online-Bidding-Only auction.
PLEASE NOTE: This auction is the first of three separate auctions for the Judith A. Snyder Estate, Wood County Probate Case Number 2019-1136. Items offered, bidding times, terms and conditions will be different for each auction.
- This auction is conducted by SS Auction Group, LLC, hereinafter referred to as Auction Company.
- All bidders are encouraged to read and understand all Terms & Conditions, including Payment Information and Shipping/Pickup Information before bidding. Understand that the Terms & Conditions are subject to change and may be different for individual auctions. By bidding, all online bidders acknowledge their acceptance of all Terms & Conditions.
- Eligible Bidders - This online-only auction is open to all members of the general public 18+ years of age, who have registered and meet the registration criteria.
- Bidder Registration - Bidders log in at www.ssauctiongroup.hibid.com, click on Log In/New Bidder and follow the registration instructions. In order to bid, all first-time bidders must also click on Register to Bid, which is located near the bottom of the auction page. Bidders must register with a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card along with required contact information. There may be a $1.00 charge to your card for verification that will be refunded.
- Bidding - All bidders must be registered and logged-in to place bids. By bidding, all bidders agree to the Terms & Conditions of this auction and enter into a binding contract between themselves, the Auction Company and the Seller(s). If you have any problems or questions, call or text Steve Powell at 419-304-1263.
- Max Bid feature - This auction software allows bidders to place maximum bids for each item. The program will bid for you up to your selected maximum bid. You will be notified by email if you have been outbid. If you bid and you do not become the high bidder, this means another bidder has placed a Max Bid higher than your bid.
- Bidding Errors or Mistakes - Bidders are responsible for each and every bid they place. All sales are final. Auction Company will not reverse any bids. You should always carefully review your bids before submitting.
- Buyer's Premium - Note that there will be a 15% Buyer's Premium charged and collected on ALL purchases. The Buyer's Premium is a percentage of the final bid price that is added to the amount due.
- Sales Tax - Sales tax on titled vehicles will be the responsibility of the purchaser upon registering vehicle/trailer at purchaser's local government agency. Except for titled vehicles, no sales tax will be charged at this auction.
- Firearms - All firearms and ammunition are sold in "As is" condition and all sales are final. Since these firearms are used, buyers are encouraged to carefully inspect them, maybe even by a professional gunsmith, before firing. Auction Company and Seller(s) are not responsible for the working condition of any firearm and will be held harmless for any misfire or other mechanical failure, condition and operation.
It is the buyer's responsibility to know and understand all laws regarding the purchase and ownership of firearms. If a buyer fails the NICS Background Check, they will not be allowed to take possession of any firearm. As long as their purchases are paid for, their item(s) will be sold at a future auction and they will receive that sale price, less a 15% commission.
All firearms and ammunition sold online must be to buyers at least 18 years of age for long guns and long gun ammo and at least 21 years of age for handguns and handgun ammo.
Firearms can be picked up and shipped only to the winning bidders. All firearms are off-site in the possession of a Federal Firearms Dealer and will be picked up at the FFL location or, if outside Ohio, will be shipped to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder, of the buyer's choosing, in the buyer's state.
All firearms and ammunition will be handled by Independence Outdoors, a 07 Federal Firearms Licensee, located at 17900 Dunbridge Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 419-266-0970.
Pickup of Firearms and Ammo - All firearms picked up will be charged a $20.00 per firearm transfer fee, to be charged to buyer's credit card. When picking up, long gun buyers must be 18+ years old, complete an ATF 4473 and pass FBI NICS check. When picking up, hand gun buyers must be 21+ years old, complete an ATF 4473 and pass FBI NICS check. A valid Ohio Concealed Carry permit can be used for the background check. FBI NICS checks could require up to a 3-day waiting period before transferring firearms. The NICS checks will be done by Independence Outdoors by appointment only.
Shipping of Firearms and Ammo - All firearms will be shipped by Independence Outdoors at the risk of the buyer. All packing material, insurance and shipping fees, plus a $20.00 per firearm handling fee, will be charged to buyer's credit card. All items shipped will be insured at winning bid value with tracking and signature confirmation. All purchases by out of state buyers, will be shipped to an FFL of their choosing in their home state. Buyers are responsible for any transfer fees charged by their receiving FFL.
All shipments of ammunition will be handled by Independence Outdoors. All handling and shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer and will vary depending on quantity of ammo shipped.
Absolutely no guns or ammo will be shipped outside the United States.
The Auction Company and Independence Outdoors will adhere to and observe all laws pertaining to the sale and handling of firearms and ammunition at auction.
You are encouraged to call or email us if you have any questions before bidding.
- No Warranties - By the use of pictures and descriptions, the Auction Company and Seller(s) have done their best to accurately describe all items being offered. It is not our intention to mislead bidders or misrepresent any item. All items are sold in "As is, where is condition, all faults included", with no warranties, expressed or implied. All lot photos and descriptions are believed to be accurate, but are not guaranteed as sometimes errors might occur. Auction Company and our Seller/Client are not responsible for the condition, use, misuse, infestations, pathogens, environmental harm or any injury or harm caused by items purchased. Any documented inspection or description is opinion, not fact, and does not constitute a warranty of any kind.
You are encouraged to call or email us if you have any questions before bidding.
- Damage - Any damage of any kind caused by a bidder/buyer during preview or removal is at the expense of and will be charged to the buyer.
- Successful bidders/buyers agree to pay all stated Buyer's Premiums and Sales Taxes (if indicated).
- Credit Card payments only - Successful bidders/buyers will make all payments by the credit cards used to register for the auction, unless other payment arrangements are made. No credit card fees will be added to bids.
- Shipping/Pickup - Terms are shown below. All successful bidders/buyers agree to take all items in the lots purchased. Please do not bid if you won't be able to take all items at the scheduled pick up times shown below. After the scheduled removal, items left will be considered abandoned. The dollar amount of your purchase will be surrendered as a removal fee. IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY ONLY, please call or text Steve Powell at 419-304-1263 to arrange a different pickup time. The Auction Company staff may provide some help loading items, but buyers are encouraged to bring help to load their purchases. Be prepared to load and move all of your purchases. Removal shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser. Purchases will be released upon presentation of a paid receipt. Please insure that anyone picking up items on your behalf has your paid receipt at the pickup location. Buyer authorizes Auction Company to release buyer's assets to any individual in possession of the buyer's sales receipt. Buyer further agrees to be responsible for all purchases made on their credit card and agrees that buyer will not charge-back items which are not picked up during the published removal times. If anyone presents a hazard to themselves, any property or others at the pickup location, they may not be permitted to remove items. Buyers may be required to present an ID for security reasons. All Buyers accept that the pickup activity may be electronically monitored and recorded.
- Staggered Closing - This auction will utilize a staggered closing function in which lots will begin to close in numerical order by Lot Number, 15 seconds apart.
- Soft Close - This auction will utilize a soft close function in which lots with under 1 minute to close will be extended for 1 minute, if a new bid is placed.
- Auction Company reserves the right to reject any bids at its discretion.
- Winning Bidder Notification - Successful bidders/buyers will be notified by email only with an invoice. If you do not receive an email invoice, then you did not win the item. It may take a few hours to process and send invoices. Invoices may not be sent until the date after the auction closes.
- Reserve Auction - All Auction Company online auctions are "Reserve" auctions. Therefore, the Auction Company reserves the right to establish or change bidding increments, remove items from the auction, split or combine lots, add minimum bids or reserve prices, cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule an individual item and/or auction event, suspend or cancel the bidding of any buyer at any time, change, modify, delete or add to descriptions, photos, change auction closing times, inspections or removal times, and/or rescind the sale of any or all items regardless of high bid upon auction conclusion. The Auction Company permits the registration and bidding of any party as long as they meet the registration requirements and accept, evidenced by any bidding, all Terms & Conditions. Sale of items directed by court-ordered bankruptcy are subject to the approval of the appointed trustee and bankruptcy court.
- Technical Functions - The Auction Company is not responsible for technical or communication problems, website outages, browser incompatibility or any connectivity issues. In case of internet or system failures, Auction Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the auction.
- Liability - Auction Company, its staff and seller(s) shall all be held harmless for any losses associated with conducting this auction. They will be limited to the refund of bidders' purchase price as their maximum liability, if warranted.
- Privacy - The Auction Company will not sell bidder information. Registered bidders consent to be contacted or emailed about auction notifications for all Auction Company events. To be removed from our database, click on "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of emails. If you register to bid, you do not also need to subscribe to our email list.
- Limitations - These Terms & Conditions cannot be altered, except in writing by the Auction Company. Terms & Conditions may change from auction to auction and are accepted by bidders upon registration and/or bidding. Terms & Conditions are designed as general guidelines and may not cover every possible scenario or action. Auction Company is not responsible for the fraudulent or unauthorized use of your bidder number and bidding account. Bidders are responsible for the security of same. If you feel someone may possess this information, it is suggested that you change your password immediately. Bidders/buyers agree that they have reviewed and agree to all Terms & Conditions of the auction. They constitute an enforceable and binding agreement contract between Auction Company, seller(s) and themselves.
- The Auction Company reserves the right to reject any bids at their discretion.
- Please contact Steve Powell at email@example.com or 419-304-1263 with any questions you have about our online auction. On behalf of the Auction Company and our seller/clients, thank you for "attending" and your bidding. Good luck.
Remember to review Payment and Shipping/Pickup Information below.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms