Auction Terms & Conditions Special Notice - Some lots of ammunition are based on weight and estimated count and not actual counts. Some lots are reloads. We are not responsible for the purchase of and use of reloaded ammunition. Use at your own risk.
Terms & Conditions:
1. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE. The following conditions of sale make up the entire terms and conditions by which items listed by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC will be sold. All bidders who participate by bidding in this auction agree to the terms and conditions of sale and are bound by same. Any notices, posted or oral, during the sale, are also part of our terms and conditions of sale agreement. Acceptance of a bidder card, bidder number, or online registration constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. THE AUCTIONEER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OF THE PURCHASER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PURCHASER BIDDING ON THE WRONG LOT.
2. BUYER'S PREMIUM AND SALES TAX. All bid prices "hammer prices" ("hammer prices" means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser) will be subject to a buyer's premium of 20% payable by the purchaser. This premium is added to the purchaser's successful bid amount and the two together equal the total sale price. The State Sales Tax is computed on the total sale price (hereinafter the total purchase price and applicable sales tax will be referred to as the "Total Amount Due"). All Sales are subject to Michigan 6% Sales Tax unless a valid Michigan sales tax license is provided PRIOR TO THE AUCTION or the item is shipped directly to an out of state buyer. Items picked up in Michigan by out of state buyers are subject to Michigan Sales Tax.
3. METHOD OF PAYMENT. Credit Card only.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT. At the close of the lot, the high bidder will have purchased the offered lot. All sales are final upon the closing of the lot. The purchase is subject to all terms and conditions set forth herein. The purchaser assumes full responsibility thereof. The purchaser further agrees to pay the Total Amount Due within 3 calendar days. Title does not transfer to buyer until all payments and fees for items and shipping are paid in full. Buyer agrees that they will not file a chargeback for credit card payments for ANY reason. All disputes must be handled through the auction company and their decision is final.
5. NON-PAYMENT. Payment will not be deemed to have been made in full until Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC has collected funds represented by checks, or in the case of bank or cashier's checks, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC has confirmed their authenticity. If Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC does not receive payment in full, in good cleared funds, within three (3) calendar days following the sale, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC reserves the right to exercise one or more of the following measures, in addition to actions allowed by law: (a) to impose a late charge of one and a half percent (1.5%) per thirty (30) days of the total purchase price; (b) to hold the defaulting Buyer liable for the total amount due and to begin legal proceedings for its recovery together with interest, legal fees, and costs to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law; (c) to cancel the sale; (d) to resell the property publicly or privately with such terms as Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC finds appropriate and hold the Buyer liable for any deficiency, cost, including handling charges, the expenses of both sales, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's commission on both sales, all other charges due hereunder, and incidental damages; (e) to block the Buyer from participation in future auctions; (f) to take other measures Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC deems fit. In addition, a defaulting Buyer will be deemed to have granted Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC a security interest in, and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may retain as collateral security for such Buyer's obligations to Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC, any property in Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's possession owned by such Buyer.
6. WITHDRAWAL. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC reserves the right to withdraw any property from the auction prior to sale.
7. PROTESTS, DISPUTES AND THE AUCTIONEER. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC reserves the right to reject any bid from any bidder. The highest bidder, acknowledged by the Auctioneer, will be the purchaser. The Auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion as to the disposition of any dispute including the re-offer and resale of any article in dispute. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC records will be deemed conclusive in all respects in the event there is any dispute after the sale.
8. FAILURE TO DELIVER PURCHASER'S PROPERTY. If Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC is prevented by fire, theft, or any other reason from delivering any property to the purchaser, Auctioneer's liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the purchaser and there shall be in no event include any additional incidental or consequential damages.
9. CATALOG AND OTHER DESCRIPTIONS. All statements by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC in the catalog for the property or in the condition reports, or made orally or in writing elsewhere, are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements of fact. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC attempts to catalog and photograph every lot correctly and will attempt to point out all defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog, other descriptions or visual depiction of any lot. Sizes and weights are approximate. The absence of any reference to the condition, and/or Buyer's inability to see every detail of a lot in the catalog and photographs, does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Estimates of the selling price should not be relied upon as a statement of value for which the item will sell or its value for any other purpose. Neither Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC nor the Seller is responsible for any errors and omissions in the catalog or any supplemental material.
10. BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITIES. You, as a prospective Buyer, are responsible for personally examining or otherwise insuring satisfaction with all lots, in which You have an interest. By placing a bid, You signify that You have examined, or otherwise insured Your own satisfaction with the lot as fully as You desire; or that You have chosen not to examine, or otherwise insure Your satisfaction. If You require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, condition, etc., and the results of Your examination and/or other investigation leave uncertainty in Your mind, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC recommends You have an independent expert examine the lot for You.
11. GUARANTEE. All property offered for sale is as is, where is. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCHANGES. Epic Auctions and Estate Sale, LLC does not guarantee or make warranties, written or implied, on any lot sold. Descriptions in the catalog are an opinion. They are written as an aid to potential bidders. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC acknowledges that there may be errors in what is written. It is recommended that you personally view any item you bid on or have an acknowledged expert view the item. Statements regarding condition are opinions, not statements of fact or guarantees. Items offered for sale as described in the catalog or any bill of sale, advertisement, addendum sheet, or elsewhere as to authorship, period, culture, source, origin, measurement, quality, rarity, provenance, importance, exhibition, or physical condition are qualified statements of opinion and not representations or warranties. No employee of Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC or any person purporting to act on their behalf is authorized to make, any representation or warranty, oral or written, with respect to any lot or item for sale.
12. ABSENTEE BIDDING. As a service to anyone wishing to place bids in advance of the sale Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may accept bids on behalf of potential bidders. Purchaser acknowledges that Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC has a fiduciary duty to the sellers and no agency relationship is established with any bidders or purchasers. Purchaser acknowledges that Epic Auctions and Estate Sale, LLC owes no duty to disclose the ownership of any item being auctioned. Any absentee bid will be executed as if the bidder was physically present and bidding on their own behalf. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC assumes no responsibility for failure to execute any absentee bids for any reason whatsoever.
13. RESERVE. Some lots may be offered subject to a reserve, which is a minimum price below which the auctioneer is not obligated to sell the lot. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may, at its discretion, disclose the amount of reserve. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may advance bids on items that are subject to reserve on behalf of the Seller.
14. TELEPHONE BIDDING. Telephone bidding is not offered for this auction.
15. FIREARMS LAWS. Dealers and out-of-state purchasers must have in their possession on the day of sale, signed copies of their Federal Firearms License (FFL) in order to accept same-day delivery of modern weapons. Purchasers who act as agents for FFL dealers must have a letter of agency as well as a signed copy of the dealer's FFL. Purchasers who do not have an FFL will be subject to background check and will be obligated to fill out all necessary documents. Online buyers are responsible for payment in full before firearms will be packed or shipped. All firearms will be shipped to the Purchaser's FFL dealer. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC will not issue refunds or accept returns on firearms due to Purchaser's inability to pass the background check completed by the Purchaser's FFL. All firearms under 26" purchased by non-FFL Michigan residents will require that a form RI-60 be filled out.
16. SHIPPING. Small items and firearms will be handled and shipped by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. Shipping for large items will be handled by outside shipping contractors. These companies carry their own insurance and any claims for losses or damages should be addressed directly to the outside shipping contractor. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC will arrange for packing and shipping at their earliest possible convenience. Purchaser is responsible for paying all shipping fees, packing materials, and insurance charges. All firearms will be shipped by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC (FFL holder) and to the purchaser's FFL dealer. Purchaser is fully responsible for any and all costs involved in shipping. It is purchaser's full responsibility to insure his or her own items being shipped and not the responsibility of Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. Packing labor is billed at $40/hour. We charge for all packing material, boxes, and the retail cost of shipping including insurance and signature confirmation (adult signature required on ammo and firearms).
17. AUCTIONEER RECOGNITION OF BIDS. During the course of the auction, the auctioneer may accept bids from live audience bidders, live online bidders, online absentee bidders, onsite absentee bidders, and telephone bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to advance bids in whatever increment they feel is in the best interest of the seller. In the event that the auctioneer accepts a bid from another bidder that equals the bid offered by an online bidder, the bidder that the auctioneer recognized will win the bid regardless of when the bids were submitted.
18. DISPUTES UNDER THIS CONTRACT. Purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising between them resulting from the purchaser participating in the auction or any resulting transaction, with the exception of the failure of the purchaser to make full payment of the purchaser's obligations to Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. In the event the purchaser fails to make full payment, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may, but is not required to, proceed directly to court. Furthermore, the purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC agree that should Mediation be necessary, Mediation fees, if any, will be borne solely by the purchaser. Purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC are required under the terms and conditions of sale to enter into Mediation before arbitration or any court action. If a party commences legal action other than Mediation without giving written notice to the other party, the party so commencing the legal action will not be entitled to recover attorney's fees even if they would otherwise be allowed in the action. All mediation, arbitration and court proceedings, whether in state or federal court, shall be filed and conducted solely within Ingham County, State of Michigan, and not in any other jurisdiction.
Should Mediation not settle the dispute between the parties, the purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC agree that any dispute or claim, in law or equity, resulting from the participation in the auction or any resulting transaction shall be settled in neutral binding arbitration utilizing the standards of American Arbitration Association and must be initiated and carried out in Ingham County, State Of Michigan. Any bidder or purchaser agrees that the election of restricting any and all claims to Arbitration is a voluntary decision and is evidenced by the bidder or purchaser's participation in the auction. The purchaser specifically agrees to the following: I have read the terms and conditions of sale and by my participation in this sale I agree all disputes arising out of my participation will be first submitted to Mediation, and if Mediation is not successful in resolving the dispute I then submit to neutral binding Arbitration with Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC and any other entity under this contract. No lawsuit shall be filed until a person has in good faith completed all Mediation and Arbitration proceedings as required hereunder.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD "AS IS" "WHERE IS". NEITHER Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC OR THE CONSIGNOR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS OR CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY OR AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OF DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS, ATTRIBUTION, PROVENANCE OR PERIOD OF THE PROPERTY OR AS TO WHETHER THE PURCHASER ACQUIRES ANY COPYRIGHTS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN LOTS SOLD OR AS TO WHETHER A WORK OF ART IS SUBJECT TO THE ARTIST'S MORAL RIGHTS OR OTHER RESIDUAL RIGHTS OF THE ARTIST. ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ARE SOLD AS COLLECTOR LOTS ONLY. FITNESS TO FIRE OR OTHERWISE DISCHARGE THE ARM OR AMMUNITION IS EXPRESSLY DENIED BY Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. A COMPETENT GUNSMITH SHOULD BE CONSULTED BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE OR FIRE ANY FIREARM OR AMMUNITION. THE PURCHASER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms