Auction Terms & Conditions
The Golden Rule:
All Animals/Items are sold as described by the Vendor/Consignor without warranty of misrepresentation from Triangle Horse Sale. Bidding Indicates you have satisfied yourself with all aspects of the animal/items and no other party is responsible. We strongly recommend Due Diligence, Sufficient Research and Physical Inspections of All Animals/Items Sold or Offered at Auction. All animals/items are made available for physical inspection of any kind prior to Auction.
1. The highest bidder shall be the Purchaser and in the event of dispute the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it or to re-offer the lot. The Auctioneers decision is final.
2. The Auctioneer may without giving any reason refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. Bidding increments are at the sole discretion of the Auctioneer. The Auctioneer may at any time refuse to accept a bid if they believe it is not in the best interest of the Vendor.
4. The Vendor may bid for any lot or lots and may withdraw any lot or lots either personally or through the Auctioneer. The full listing fee or any other related costs may be deemed payable to the Auctioneer in the event of a withdrawn lot or lots.
5. All lots shall be paid for in cash, eftpos or cheque immediately after the sale, on the day of the sale. Payment by cheque does not constitute a completed sale. Only when cleared funds are available to the Auctioneer and the Auctioneer is 100% satisfied will the sale be considered complete. Until this time tittle will remain with the Vendor/Auctioneer.
6. All Reserve prices conveyed to the Auctioneer are GST inclusive (where applicable). In no instance will GST be added to the knockdown price. The Vendor may change their reserve price provided this is clearly communicated to Auctioneer and the Auctioneer acknowledges and agrees to the change in reserve price prior to the fall of the hammer.
7. Each lot shall be put up for sale as exhibited, with all faults and errors of description and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer shall give any warranty to any Purchaser or be liable for any fault or error of description or lack of genuineness or authenticity of any lot or item in any lot. Purchasers shall accept every lot with all faults and errors of description whether or not any lot or item in any lot is exhibited in any type of container or packaging and whether or not the lot itself or the container or packaging is exhibited with any label, certificate of opinion, other supporting sticker or documents and embossed with any printing or mark.
8. In the event of a referral, the referred buyer will be granted ONE opportunity (first right of refusal) to complete the sale at the reserve price or a negotiated figure agreed to by the Vendor, Purchaser & Auctioneer. In the event the sale in not completed and the lot remains unsold, the lot can be sold to any registered bidder or via private treaty to any party the Auctioneer chooses. In the event a lot is referred/passed in and is sold post Auction to any party (registered buyer or otherwise) the Auctioneer is entitled to 100% of the commission from the Vendor and the buyer is liable to pay 100% of the Buyers Premium.
9. The Auctioneer acts in the sale of goods as agent only and is not responsible for any default by either Vendor or Purchaser. The Auctioneer gives no warranty as to the Vendors title to the goods.
10. The Auctioneer accepts no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of its staff to bid for any lots. Reserves and commissions given by telephone are accepted at Senders risk and must be confirmed in writing before the date of sale. No lot may be transferred.
11. Every person on the auction premises before, during or after the sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises. Such person shall have no claim against the Auctioneer in respect of any injury sustained or accident which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
12. If the Purchaser shall breach these terms and conditions in any way any lots purchased by him may be resold by public auction or private contract at the risk and expense of the former purchaser who shall be held liable for any deficiency that may arise from such resale together with all costs incurred. Any deposit paid by the Purchaser may be forfeited to the Vendor upon breach by the Purchaser.
13. Legal and equitable title to the goods shall remain with the Vendor until payment has been made in full.
14. The knockdown of any item sold will be INCLUSIVE of any GST that may apply. No GST shall be added to the knockdown price unless otherwise stated
15. All knockdown prices will be subject to a Buyers Premium unless otherwise noted. This fee is to be paid by the Purchaser/Buyer of each item.
16. Varied commission rates are payable by the Vendor. This rate may be a dollar amount or a percentage of the sale price and is agreed upon by the vendor at the time of consignment. All advertised commission rates are inclusive of GST.
17. By our acceptance of a bidder's card, by bidding at a Triangle Horse Sale or by consigning livestock or any item/items, you agree to accept and abide by all said Terms and Conditions listed here or as otherwise noted on the day of sale.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms