Auction Terms & Conditions Terms and Conditions
1. Registration: Proper and complete online registration is required to bid. Bidder must be 21 years of age or older to bid. By registering to bid, bidder agrees to all Terms & Conditions herein. Scotty Little & Associates Auction Company (hereinafter referred to as “Auction Company”) may refuse a buyer’s number to anyone for any reason. Bidder agrees to provide any information and identification requested, including but not limited to: photo ID, driver’s license and/or credit cards.
2. Warranty: All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS – NO WARRANTY and all sales are final. It is bidder’s responsibility to determine the condition, age, genuineness, value, or any other determinative factor. Descriptions and photos are offered in good faith as a guide only. Auction Company makes no representations in the description of merchandise advertised, online and/or at auction, and is not responsible for any error or omission in descriptions. Bidder should not rely solely on photos to make bidding decisions. Auction Company shall not be responsible for such errors as posting wrong photos for an item. If description does not match picture in a lot, the description takes priority. Although some items are listed in working condition, Auction Company makes no guarantees. Common nicks, scratches and wear may not have been called out.
3. Bidding: An authorization hold in the amount of one US dollar ($1.00 USD) will be placed on the credit card used at registration, which will be released within ten days of auction close. Auction Company recommends bidder enter maximum bid when placing a bid online as the software will automatically bid up to maximum bid. If a bid for the same amount is placed, the earliest bid takes priority. No bid can be withdrawn for any reason. By placing a bid, Bidder acknowledges that the bid is a legally binding offer to purchase the item/property being auctioned. Bidder waives the right to a charge back on any credit/debit card purchase. Winning bidders will be notified once Auction Company has received and acknowledged payment in full. Auction Company or its employees have the right to bid on items for self or others. Any registered Bidder accepts personal guarantee, including when registering as a business entity.
4. Buyer’s Premium: A 10% Buyer's Premium will be added to all final bids.
5. Soft Close Auction: If a bid is placed within two (2) minutes of auction close, an additional two (2) minutes are added to the close time of that item until bidding is static for two (2) minutes. This allows the opportunity for interested bidders to remain active in the bidding process.
6. Service: Auction Company has the right to reopen bidding or change auction duration due to unforeseen circumstances caused by internet or system failures, natural disasters, health risks, national crisis or acts of God. Auction Company is providing internet bidding as a service to the bidder and is not responsible for any missed bids from any source. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not always function correctly during the auction. Under no circumstances shall bidder have any claim against Auction Company, its Officers, Sellers, Employees, Agents and/or Consignors in the event of internet or system failures before, during or after the auction.
7. Payment Instructions: An invoice will be emailed to all winning bidders at the end of the auction. Acceptable forms of payment are Cash, Cashier’s Check, Debit/Credit Cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express) which must be received by the Auction Company within 48 hours of the auction close or the credit card provided at registration will be charged the full invoice balance. A convenience fee of three percent (3%) will apply to all debit/credit card transactions. Checks will only be accepted at the Auction Company’s discretion. Bidder with declined credit card or returned check will be black-flagged from our system. Bidder agrees to a fifty-dollar ($50.00 USD) fee for returned checks in addition to the entirety of the returned check via certified funds.
8. Sales Tax: Auction Company charges applicable Mississippi sales tax of seven percent (7%). Any tax-exempt Bidder must contact Auction Company at 662-286-2488 prior to auction close and provide valid sales tax exemption information.
9. Returns/Refunds: No returns, exchanges, buy backs or refunds allowed.
10. Pickup: All items must be paid for in full before pickup. Auction Company will provide a local pickup location and schedule. All items must be removed during the defined dates and times of auction pick up with paid receipt or proof of payment. Auction Company does not provide boxes or packing material. Bring any required straps/ropes/packing materials and necessary assistance to load. Auction Company is not responsible for rigging, loading, and/or moving any items for pickup. Items not picked up within five (5) calendar days of auction close will be considered abandoned property and will become the property of Auction Company unless prior arrangements are made with Auction Company. Future online bidding privileges may be suspended if items are not paid for or picked up.
11. Shipping: Items marked “shipping available” will be shipped through a third-party shipping service. Successful Bidder pays all shipping and packaging costs. Once invoice is paid in full, Auction Company will deliver item(s) to shipper and provide contact information including Bidder’s name, address and phone number to coordinate item delivery and shipping charges. Auction Company is not responsible for any damages that may occur while in transport to shipper. Auction Company is not responsible for any damaged or lost items involving shipping.
12. Disclosure: Bidder acknowledges and agrees that Auction Company is acting solely as the agent for the seller in this auction. Auction Company may add or withdraw any item before or during the auction. Preview days, if scheduled, may be suspended or cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
13. Disputes: The jurisdiction of any dispute of any kind will be brought in the appropriate state court in Alcorn County, Mississippi. Bidder agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and other costs incurred by Auction Company in its efforts to collect unpaid funds from Bidder or any cause of action.
14. Liability Waiver & Release: All persons attending the preview, auction, sale or removal of merchandise assume all risk of damage to person or property and specifically release, indemnify and hold harmless Auction Company and its Officers, Sellers, Employees, Agents and Consignors from any liability, claim or loss of any kind, including bodily injury, at auction site regardless of location.
COVID-19: Bidder understands the risk(s) associated with being in the proximity of others during the COVID-19 pandemic. Bidder accepts risks and acknowledges familiarity of local, state, federal guidelines and executive orders related to COVID-19.
All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS – NO WARRANTY and ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Auction Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
Scotty Little & Associates Auction Company
810 Cardinal Drive
Corinth, MS 38834
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms