Auction Terms & Conditions River Paws Vintage Market (aka, "River Paws") HiBid Auction Policies
Thank you for bidding with River Paws Vintage Market! HiBid Auctions provide a safe and fun way to explore our diverse inventory in the comfort of your own space, and on your own schedule. Many clients have come to prefer the online auctions as great way to continue their treasure hunts, despite everything going on across the Country these days. While nothing is quite like perusing our old barn on a lazy weekend, packed to the gills with neat old finds in dusty corners and boxes, River Paws, like many of our industry partners, has found it necessary, and essential, to transition to an online platform, as a means to stay relevant, and vibrant, during very challenging times.
By registering to bid, you are entering a legally binding contract with the auctioneer, aka, River Paws Vintage Market, which is a legal entity of River Paws Farm, LLC, based in Lancaster, VA. Throughout this document and our auction platform, we may also informally identify ourselves at times, for brevity, as simply, "River Paws."
Due to the National Covid Pandemic, and related restrictions, there will be no preview for this auction. Please let us know if you need any additional information on a particular item, or Lot.
* All items are sold "as is where is," no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed.
*All Sales are Final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
* All descriptions of items should be considered the opinion of the auctioneer and should in no way be considered a guarantee of the condition, age, or authenticity of the item(s). Conscientious effort is typically made to convey accurate descriptions, photos, and/or measurements, however, we make no guarantee or warranties regarding any item or Lot. Obvious or known defects will be disclosed to the best ability or awareness of the auctioneer, however auctioneer is not responsible for missed or undisclosed imperfections.
* Auctioneer is not responsible for any user errors on the website or any site malfunction, or downtime.
* Buyer is responsible for any use or misuse of their username and password relating to the website, and should protect said info, and at all times. Any bid placed under the bidder number and username is the responsibility of the person on the account.
* The Auctioneer, aka River Paws, reserves the right to change, cancel, terminate, postpone, or reschedule the auction at any time, for any reason. River Paws also reserves the right to reject any bid, or bidder, for any reason, at any time.
* All Items are sold to the highest bidder.
* If you are not available to bid during the auction times, we suggest you place your highest "Max" bid on any item, at any time, and let the HiBid online platform do the winning, for you!
* It is the responsibility of the bidder to use their own discretion when bidding on items. By placing a bid, the bidder indicates that they have either examined the photos of the item and thoroughly read the item's description, or have elected to not examine the photos or read the description of the item.
* There are no "bid retractions." Once you place a bid, you are obligated, if you are the winning bidder, to purchase the item, and/or Lot(s). This is not negotiable.
Brand Names and Designer Logo Items
With regards to brand names and/or designer logos on any items or Lots, such as designer handbags or clothing, specifically, or other items as applicable, it is our position to assume that any item we are selling that has an intact Designer tag or logo, is to be considered authentic. It is certainly not our intention to pass off any goods that are fakes or reproductions, however, we are not experts in determining the difference, in some cases. That said, and in some of these instances, where we feel there may be a question of authenticity, real or imagined on our part, and in good faith, some items will merely be listed with low starting bids and only a mention that said item has a tag or identification by a specific Designer. It is the Buyer's burden to determine the difference, and we will not be held accountable otherwise. By bidding on any such item, Buyer understands and agrees to this. Any questions on a particular item, or requests for additional photos or details to assist in verifying the authenticity of any item, can be emailed to us during the auction, at RiverPawsFarm@gmail.com, and we'll do our best to assist you in verifying authenticity, as best we can, with our limited knowledge.
* There is a Buyer's Premium of 10% that will be added to your purchase, in addition to the cost of the item(s) you won. This covers some of our operating expenses, including, merchant card processing fees. If you do not want to pay the Buyer's Premium, do not bid on the item. There is no additional fee to use your credit or debit card.
Payments & Other Fees
Payments are processed using a system called, "Currency Pay," which will automatically charge your credit or debit merchant card after the auction, for any won items. If you would like to pay with cash or check (requires pre-approval) at pick up, please let us know before the auction ends.
There will be a $25 fee to reprocess your payment if your card does not work, or for any checks returned as non-sufficient funds. Bidders who have two failed attempts to process their charges will have their bidding account suspended.
Applicable Sales Taxes apply, (VA is 5.3%), to the total purchase price of any item and/or lot. If you are tax exempt, it is your responsibility to indicate that in the registration process, or by contacting us with your Tax-Exempt number and info. Be sure to do so, prior to any merchant card processing, as we are not able to undo any sales that have already been processed, or, reimburse already paid-in tax amounts.
Confirmation of Purchases
Receipts of purchase, and/or invoices, from each auction, will be emailed at the close of the auction, and as all payments have been processed, typically within 24-48 hours. If you requested shipping, those costs will automatically be added onto your payment. Additional fees which may apply, as outlined in this document, will also be added as applicable, and can include, but not limited to, abandoned lots and/or disposal fees, reprocessing of merchant card fee, returned checks fees, etc.
Inquiries and Disputes
Any concerns or questions about any aspect of our Auction, should promptly be brought to our attention, so that we can readily assist your needs, by contacting us at RiverPawsFarm@gmail.com. Any and all disputes, and/or discrepancies, will ultimately though, be settled by the auctioneer, River Paws Vintage Market, who has final say in all matters and disputes.
Auction Lot Pick Up
* Local pick-up with automatic merchant card payment through the auction site, is our preferred method for disseminating sold merchandise, however, we do offer some limited shipping and local delivery services, described in later sections.
* Items must be paid in full before any item can leave the premises. Auctioneer, aka River Paws, will not allow items to be picked up unless paid receipt is presented, or payment is confirmed by River Paws. For payments made in person, a valid driver's license must be presented, even if cash, to confirm you are who the account winner actually is. If someone else is picking up your items, Buyer must notify Auctioneer in advance of their arrival to pick up merchandise. Please make sure that anyone you have designated to pick up your items, can provide legitimate photo Identification with a State issued Driver's License, or non-driver's license. We reserve the option not to turn over any items, other than to the auction account holder, for any reason we feel there might be a question or concern, which will be communicated with the account holder, at that time, to the best of our ability.
* All Lots must be picked up at the designated location on the specified pick-up date and during the designated pick-up times. All items in any box lots or bulk lots purchased must also be taken, and not just choice items in any bulk lot purchased. Stuff left behind that requires us to clean up, or otherwise result in added time or effort to deal with, will result in added fees to your account.
* Items not picked up by close of the designated pick-up day and times, without other pick up scheduling arrangements made in advance with River Paws, will be considered abandoned, and will become the property of River Paws, to be donated, discarded, or resold, at our discretion. A disposal fee of $20 or more, may apply for any items not claimed, and/or left behind, and automatically charged to your card on file. A pick-up rescheduling fee of $20 may also apply, to cover our additional presence and travel time to meet you at another date and time for pick up, which will also be based on our schedule availability.
* Bidder must bring their own heavy lifters and helpers, tools and tie downs, as needed, for moving items, as well as any boxes, bubble wrap and packing materials if needed, for picking up their items. River Paws is not available to load furniture or large or heavy items into or onto your vehicles, for a myriad of insurance and safety reasons. If you do not have the means to retrieve or transport a large item, please do not bid on the item.
With the nationwide pandemic and concerns about venturing away from home these days, River Paws is also periodically offering local delivery in Lancaster County, VA, and the NNK region, for smaller items and/or Lots, and/or small furniture, such as small tables or small chairs, box lots, etc, that we can easily load in an SUV or pick-up truck, and also depending on the items. Our delivery fee within Lancaster County, VA, is typically $25 per trip, on average, subject to vary, based on any specific situation or circumstances requested. Please reach out to us for other delivery areas in the NNK, or beyond, or with other specific needs or questions. In some cases, we may also be able to coordinate local or even non-local delivery of larger items, if we are able to locate and coordinate with another individual or company, that may be able to assist us with your purchase and delivery needs. Resources are sometimes limited in our rural area, but we will be happy to assist as possible. Please connect with us prior to the close of the auction to discuss further. Additional fees will apply.
For more info on delivery options and pricing, please reach out to us at RiverPawsFarm@gmail.com.
We are not in the Shipping business, and prefer that all items be picked up in person on the designated pick up dates, or arranged by you with the shipping company of your choice, such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.
hat said, and, considering our rural location and limited offering of nearby commercial mailing resources, River Paws can provide shipping of smaller, or easily shippable items, and/or as otherwise indicated in the description of any specific Item or Lot. River Paws reserves the option to refuse shipping on any item, for any reason, as well as determine how large, or heavy, of an item we are willing to ship, at any given time. Shipping fees (listed below), once shipping has been requested by any Buyer, will be automatically added to your post auction payment processing, as we are able to calculate actual shipping costs. If you request shipping, you agree to pay the related fees with your auction lot purchase, and/or after the auction has closed, but before we actually ship any items.
* Please let us know before the close of the auction if you would like shipping.
Shipping Fees (Small items): are $5 PER LOT plus the actual cost of shipping and insurance. The $5 per lot fee, goes towards our time, and any shipping materials, to package, process, identify and label your item(s), and transport to the post office, or other location, for shipping. Unusual items, or inquiries for specialized shipping needs or requests, may require additional fees.
Extra Packing Materials Fees: If you have requested shipping that includes a large amount of glassware or otherwise specialized or fragile items, additional fees may apply to cover the cost of additional bubble wrap or packaging needed, to ensure proper shipping. Be sure to check your Lot Description before bidding.
Shipping Schedule: Please allow 5-7 business days for your items to leave our facility for shipping, after the close of each auction. We'll do our best to start shipping items asap, but, Buyers should assume 5-7 days before items leave our shop for shipping. This does not mean 5-7 days to arrive at your destination, but, rather, please allow 5-7 days for us to prepare your package(s) for shipping and out the door. Requests for expedited shipping, in advance of this time frame, should be conveyed before the end of any auction. Rush fees of $20 per lot apply, to ship out sooner than our standard time frame.
Buyer's Option for Shipping or Freight of Large Items: Bulky, large, or heavy items, such as furniture, can be arranged for shipping or freight by the BUYER, unless otherwise indicated in the Lot Description for any item. There is a $20 fee if you need us to meet your Carrier or Freight Company at the location of the merchandise, to coordinate shipping, as we do not have regular business hours, since our main store is currently closed due to the Covid restrictions. This fee covers our rural travel time to meet your shipping carrier or freight company, and up to 30 minutes wait time by us. Additional wait time will be charged at $20 per 30 mins, with a 30-minute minimum charge.
For more info on shipping options and pricing, please reach out to us at RiverPawsFarm@gmail.com.
Enjoy the Auction, and Happy Bidding!
River Paws Vintage Market
Lancaster, VA 22503
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms