Auction Terms & Conditions The property listed in this catalogue is offered for sale by Bunte Auction Services, Inc. as agent for the consignors (sellers). The following Terms and Conditions of Auction and Information for Buyers and Sellers, posted notices and verbal announcements at the time of sale by the Auctioneer are the conclusive statements of terms and conditions for this auction. Submitting any bid, whether in person, in writing, by telephone or any other means, the buyer acknowledges and accepts these terms and conditions.
1. The highest bidder to be the buyer. If any dispute arises between bidders, the lot in dispute shall, at the discretion of the auctioneer, either be reoffered for sale or sold as stated. In any event, the auctioneer's decision will be final. If a dispute arises after the auctions, our sales record will be deemed final. Invoices are subject to audit for error and the bidder is responsible for paying any balance due therein.
2. Bidders are required to register prior to the sale and must use the number issued to them when they are the successful bidder. No transfer will be recognized from one buyer to another.
3. We reserve the right to reject any bid or any raise not commensurate with the value of the item being sold. We also reserve the right to ask for a deposit from the bidder of twenty-five (25%) or more of the purchase price at any time.
4. All lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections, and error of description. When faults are noticed during cataloguing we make note of them in the description. Prospective bidders are expected to inspect the property to determine condition, size and whether or not it has been restored or repaired and satisfy themselves as to all faults, cracks, chips wear and imperfections. No refunds or credits will be issued.
5. A buyer's premium of twenty percent (20%) of the hammer price or twenty-five percent (25% if purchased on internet live auctions) will be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price payable. Buyers are required to pay sales tax on the total sales price, including buyer's premium.
6. If Bunte's is prevented by fire, theft or any other reason whatsoever from delivering any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the purchaser.
7. If a reserve price (the confidential minimum below which a lot will not be sold) is established on any lot, we may implement the reserve bidding on behalf of the consignor.
8. If (a) within fourteen (14) days of the sale of any lot the buyer gives notice to us in writing that the lot sold is a counterfeit based on a fair reading of the catalogue, (b) within seven (7) days after the date of such written notice gives us written proof from a recognized, impartial expert which establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that the item in question is in fact a counterfeit and that such was not indicated by a fair reading of the catalogue or the Auctioneer's comments at the time of sale, and (c) within thirty (30) days of the sale returns the lot in the same condition as the day of the auction, the sale will be rescinded and a full refund will be made. Goods cannot be returned for any reason thirty (30) days from day of auction.
9. Removal of property and shipping is listed under Information for Buyers and Sellers. Purchases not removed within thirty (30) days will be sold without further notice and the money realized after expenses will then be credited to the buyer's account.
10. All statements made by the Auctioneer prior to the auction of any item take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements.
11. We reserve the right to withdraw any property at any time prior to the actual auction and to announce at any time additional terms and conditions of sale.
12. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. In no event will we be liable for damage to glass or frames regardless of the cause.
13. This is a privately owned and operated sale. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person.
14. RECEIPT OF $10,000.00 OR MORE The Federal government requires all business's to report any money collected over $10,000.00 per transaction in the form of cash, money order, cashiers check, travelers check or bank check. An 8300 form must be filled out by Bunte Auction and sent to the Internal Revenue Service. We will need your personal information as follows; Name, address, date of birth, driver's license number and social security number, or Federal ID number. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms