General Information: The placement of a successful bid at a United States Marshals Service auction establishes a legally binding contract between the successful high bidder and the United States Marshals Service. The auctioneer's announcement of the high bid amount and the bidder's number establishes the contract which may be subject to final acceptance by the Government. This contract is bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as special terms and conditions published by the Contractor for the specific auction and other Federal regulations governing contracts for the purchase of government property. The successful bidder is legally bound to pay for property awarded in accordance with his/her bid. The contractor is acting as the agent of the Government with respect to the sale of Government property.
Eligibility of Bidder: The Bidder warrants that he/she is not:
a) Under 18 years of age;
b) An employee of any department or agency of the Federal Government prohibited by the regulations of that agency from purchasing property sold hereunder;
c) An agent or immediate member of the household of the employee in b) above;
d) The contractor, subcontractor or vendor, their agent or employee who has access to information concerning the property to be sold at United States Marshals Service auctions that is not generally available to the public;
e) Presently debarred or declared ineligible for the award of contracts by any Federal agency in accordance with 41 CFR 101-45.6;
f) Or the party or representing the party(s) from whom the property was seized and/or forfeited.
The Contractor's subcontractor may not act as agent for a third party in purchasing Government property that is or has been in their custody or control. For breach of any of these warranties, the Government shall have the right to cancel the contract without liability.
Registration: In the menu bar create an account by clicking "New Bidder". The user name and password that is created will be used for all future online auctions. The information you provide when setting up your online account will be the information assigned on your title work. If you choose to title your purchases in a business name, the business name and address needs to be utilized. At any point should you decide to title your purchases in your person name, your account information will need to be updated to reflect the desired change. This also applies to a change of address or business. This is the responsibility of the bidder.
Upon initial registration, you will need to input a credit card number (not retained) but will only be used to verify your identity. There will be no additional registration fees.
Bid Deposit: No bid deposit required.
Reserve: This auction is conducted with reserve. The United States Marshals Service reserves the right to approve the final transfer of property the successful bidder, even after the auction lot closes.
Preview & Inspection: Bidders are urged to inspect property/merchandise prior to bidding. Failure to inspect shall not constitute cause for cancellation of sale. Property/merchandise is available for inspection only at places and times specified by Apple Auctioneering Co and notated in each vehicle description. Absolutely no access to property/merchandise is allowed without prior United States Marshals Service authorization. Apple Auctioneering Co may, at its discretion, provide photographs of the property/merchandise as a courtesy to bidders. Bidders are warned against bidding on any lot(s) based solely on the sample displayed or on the basis of photographs. Apple Auctioneering Co makes no warranty in relation to these samples or photographs.
Technical Bidding Details:
All lots end with a "Soft Close." A "Soft Close" means if any bid is placed within the last 5 minutes of the close of the auction, the bid will automatically extend the closing time an additional 5 minutes. Example: If a bid is placed at 2 minutes until close, it will extend the closing to 7 minutes. This feature protects bidders from being outbid without the opportunity to be notified and place another bid before the close of the auction.
Placing a "Maximum Bid." Please be aware that when placing your "Maximum Bid", the website will bid on your behalf up to your set maximum bid by the preset bid increment of $100. Example: The current bid is $1000 and the bidder enters a maximum bid of $5000. The system will bid at the preset increment of $100 until the bidders "Maximum bid" is exceeded. At that point the bidder will be notified that he/she has been outbid (if that option is selected when registering). High bidder will only pay $100 more than the competing bidder. Please watch the auction closing time stop clock to determine exactly when the lot will close.
Auction End & Bid Approvals: At the close of the sale, all bidders will be emailed their bid results and the totals will be forwarded to the United States Marshals Service for final approval. Once we receive approval, you will receive an email notification that your bid has been approved or denied. Payment instructions will be given at that time. Each vehicle is considered a separate purchase.
Payment: All items must be paid in full within 48 hours (2 business days) from the bid approval email. Acceptable forms of payment are by method of bank wire transfer or cashier's check with overnight delivery made payable to Apple Towing Co. 2646 South Loop W, Suite 290, Houston, TX 77054 ATTN Joshua Scully. Account information for bank wire transfers will be provided in the approval email. The wire transfer must include the buyer name and reference the lot(s) purchased. Title work will be processed the following business day of bank wire posting to account. NO EXTENSIONS FOR FINAL PAYMENT WILL BE MADE FOR ANY REASON.
Unacceptable payment methods: No personal or business checks, bank letters, credit/debit cards, or letters of credit will be accepted. In addition, onsite payment will not be accepted. Bidders should not attempt to finance any purchase through a bank or credit union, nor will the auction company negotiate with any lender. Bidders must have the funds available before placing any and all bids. Payment must be made by the successful registered bidder. Payment received by parties other than the successful registered bidder will be declined.
Default/Non-payment: The failure to make required deposit or final payments and/or comply with the timeframes specified in the sales catalog/brochure for removal of property shall be deemed forfeiture of any rights, title, and interest the Purchaser may have acquired. The title of such property shall revert back to the Government without further notice to the Purchaser and will result in any monies paid being forfeited. The transaction shall be null and void as to the Purchaser. The property will be processed for resale at the next available auction. If a buyer does not pay within the specified time frame, backs out, submits a check containing insufficient funds, or issues a "stop payment" that buyer will be banned from all future Apple Towing Co. | Apple Auctioneering Co. auctions.
Sales Tax: No tax will be collected by the auction company on any lot posted in this auction.
Applicable Tax: All purchasers are responsible for the payment of any and all applicable taxes imposed by any state, country, county, or political subdivision.
Paperwork Processing: Once the funds are received, the title work will be executed utilizing the buyer's registration information and sent via email to have all copies signed. Once fully executed, the property release will be emailed to the buyer, the property manager, and region supervisor. The releasing agent's name and contact information will be presented on the property release document. Originals will be mailed to the buyer.
Title Documents: Title will be conveyed via the below documents and will be mailed to the buyer following business day after copies of signatures are obtained.
Vehicle Title: Buyers will receive a title via a government Form SF-97 (Certificate to Obtain Title) which they will take to their local Dept. of Motor Vehicles to obtain the title to the vehicle.
Vessel Bill of Sale: Buyers will receive a title via a Coast Guard Bill of Sale for vessels and a SF-97 for boat trailers (if included).
Aircraft: Buyers will receive title via a FAA Bill of Sale, AC Form 8050-2. Buyer will be provided the Bill of Sale along with the Court Order and/or Declaration of Forfeiture (when applicable).
Release & Removal: Removal must be completed on or before the 15th calendar day (for domestic property/merchandise) and the 60th calendar day (for export only property/merchandise) after the sale date or the buyer will default the terms of sale and property/merchandise will be resold by the United States Marshals Service. Said property/merchandise shall revert and repossess to the United States Government without further notice to the buyer and will result in any monies paid being forfeited and the transaction shall be null and void as to buyer. Storage arrangements after removal dates are solely between the buyer and storage vendor.
Property/merchandise must be paid in full before removal. No partial release of any lots. Removal is by appointment only and should be made by the buyer with the storage vendor only after buyer has received the necessary Property Release document. A physical hard copy of your property release is required in order to pick up your property. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to remove the property purchased by the removal date. All property/merchandise in a lot must be released to original buyer at one time. Removal is at the expense, liability, and risk of the buyer. Please do not make flight arrangements or schedule pickups in advance, until you receive authorization via email to do so. Buyer must present a photo I.D. at the time of property release. If the registered buyer chooses to send an agent to pick up property on their behalf, the buyer must prepare and sign an authorization letter identifying the agent to act on his/her behalf, as well as provide agent with a copy of Buyer's photo I.D.
Shipping: It is the purchaser's responsibility to arrange the shipping.
Information Disclosure: The Purchaser agrees to the publication of his/her/company registered name, lot number, lot description and purchase price on the United States Marshals Service auction website. Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments of 1996 (5 U.S.C. 552 (2000)).
To serve you best, please direct all questions via email to email@example.com.
General Terms & Conditions:
Use of this auction site marks your full and final acceptance of all Terms & Conditions listed by Apple Towing | Apple Auctioneering Co. and the United States Marshals Service.
1. This Agreement is a legally binding instrument between you and Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co, and describes your responsibilities in connection with your use of www.appletowing.com or the live auction venue and, among other things, limits the liability of Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co. Please read all of this agreement carefully. You affirm that you are over 18 years of age and are otherwise capable of forming legally binding contracts, and that you agree to be legally bound and to abide by this agreement. If you are under 18 years of age, or are otherwise incapable of forming legally binding contracts, or do not agree with any part of this Agreement, you must not access www.appletowing.com or participate in our live auction.
2. These assets will be auctioned AS-IS, WHERE-IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO AGE, YEAR OF MANUFACTURE, MAKE, MODEL, ODOMETER, CONDITION OR ANY OTHER SPECIFICATION. DESCRIPTIONS OF VEHICLES, WRITTEN, PUBLISHED, OR ORAL ARE FURNISHED AS A GUIDE ONLY. NO GUARANTEE AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE DESCRIPTION IS MADE. The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defect in any lot and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance, refund or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloging, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to have inspected thoroughly the merchandise and to have satisfied him or her as to its condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co. does not certify the accuracy of the information presented by any third party company that assist in the sale, and will not be responsible for any error made on their behalf. Some vehicles may have branded titles. Branded titles or odometer discrepancies when known, are announced, included in the description or noted on the vehicle. Absence of mention of branded titles or remarks does not constitute any warranty or guarantee.
3. This auction is conducted with reserve. The United States Marshals Service reserves the right to approve the final transfer of property the successful bidder, even after the auctioneer states "sold" or after the auction lot closes. Apple Towing & Apple Auctioneering Co. does not/ will not disclose the reserve amount. In addition, the United States Marshals Service, Apple Towing Co. and Apple Auctioneering Co. retains the right to reject any bids for any reason or to make counter offers or accept back up offers at their sole discretion.
4. Apple Towing Co. / Apple Auctioneering Co. ,and the United States Marshals Service reserves the right to add/ delete vehicles to/ from the auction at any time.
5. Practices that eliminate competition, such as collusive bidding may warrant criminal, civil, or administrative action against the participant and may be referred to the Department of Justice.
6. All persons attending preparation, preview inspection, sale or removal of merchandise assume all risks whatsoever of any damage or loss to person and or property and specifically release the Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co and the United States Marshals Service of any and all liability. For live auctions: No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to enter the auction area. Each registered bidder may have 2 companions in the auction area. No oversized bags or electronics are allowed in the auction area.
7. Vehicles & Surplus not paid for within 1 hour of a live sale & 48 hours after an online sale may be resold without notice. If a buyer does not pay within the specified time frame, backs out, submits a check containing insufficient funds, or issues a "stop payment" that buyer will be banned from all future Apple Towing Co. / Apple Auctioneering Co. auctions and his/ her information will be submitted to the United States Marshals Service. To the extent that the bidder is an individual acting on behalf of a corporation registered as the bidder, the individual bidder shall be jointly and severally liable with the corporation for payment of the purchase price. The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that no "stop payment" order shall be issued or honored. The Buyer further agrees that a stop payment order or a check returned marked "insufficient funds" shall be considered prima-facie evidence of intent on the part of the buyer to defraud the Auctioneer at the time of delivery of the check. Failure to make required payment or removal within time frames specified shall forfeit any right, title and interest buyer may have acquired. The property shall revert and repossess to the Seller without further notice to the Buyer. Any monies paid will be forfeited and the transaction will be null and void as to the Buyer.
8. Upon the sale of each lot, the Auctioneer announces the final sale price and successful Buyer's number. All questions or disputes regarding Buyer, lot identity, price or quantity must be resolved immediately upon the sale of said lot. No changes or adjustments will be made at any later time. The record of the sale kept by the Auctioneer and sale clerk will be taken as final in the event of any dispute. We reserve the right to video tape all live auctions.
9. All title documents and forms requiring the Buyer's signature must be signed immediately following payment of a live auction by the successful high bidder. For online auctions, all title documents and forms requiring the Buyer's signature must be signed by the successful high bidder under the registered name & submitted to the auction company within 24 hours from the time they are emailed. Failure to execute the documents within the time frame specified will result in the revocation of the Buyer's bidding privileges.
10. Vehicles & merchandise must be removed by the following business day for all live auctions. For online auctions removal must be completed on or before the 15th calendar day (for domestic property/merchandise) and the 60th calendar day (for export only property/merchandise) after the sale date or the buyer will default the terms of sale and property/merchandise will be resold by the United States Marshals Service. Said property/merchandise shall revert and repossess to the United States Government without further notice to the buyer and will result in any monies paid being forfeited and the transaction shall be null and void as to buyer. Storage arrangements after removal dates are solely between the buyer and storage vendor.
11. Limitation of Government Liability: Except for reasonable packing, loading, and transportation costs (such packing, loading, and transportation costs being recoverable only when a return of property at the Government's cost is specifically authorized in writing by the Contracting Officer or other costs authorized in writing by the Contracting Officer), the measure of the liability of the Government under any provisions of the terms and conditions in any case where liability of the Government to the Purchaser has been established shall not exceed the refund of such portion of the purchase price as the Government may have received.
12. Requirements to Comply with Applicable Laws and Regulations: It is the Purchaser's responsibility to ascertain and comply with all applicable Federal, State, local, and multi-jurisdictional laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to the registration, licensing, handling, possession, transportation, transfer, export, processing, manufacture, sale, use, or disposal of the property listed in the sales catalog. The Purchaser or user of this property is not excused from any violation of such laws or regulations either because the United States is a party to this sale or has had any interest in the property at any time.
13. False Advertising and Unfair or Deceptive Actions: The use of false or misleading advertisements in commerce or other unfair or deceptive practices are unlawful (15 U.S.C. 45, et. seq.). In disposing of any property purchased from the Government, purchasers should exercise extreme caution in preparing advertisements to ensure that they do not violate applicable Federal, state or foreign government laws.
14. The Buyer agrees that in any dispute between the Seller and the Buyer or between competing bidders arising in connection with any sale at the auction, the Auctioneer shall have the right but not the obligation to settle such dispute, and the Buyer shall abide by the decision of the Auctioneer, whose decision shall be final with respect to such matter. The Buyer further agrees to indemnify the Auctioneer for all liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses including attorney's fees incurred in connection with any such dispute or in connection with any claim, litigation, controversy, dispute or proceeding arising from any purchase of an article by the Buyer or from any subsequent sale of such article to any third party. Any contract resulting from this offering is subject to the Contract Disputes Act of 1978, Public Law 95-563. The current "Dispute" clause found in 48 U.S.C. 52.233-1 is hereby incorporated for reference. All requests for refunds or adjustments should be submitted to the Contractor.
In Massachusetts: Apple Auctioneering Co. is regulated by the Massachusetts Auctioneers Association. Auctioneer Kevin C. Scully MA# 3332. Direct unresolved complaints to the Massachusetts Auctioneers Association PO BOX 2401 Woburn, MA 01888-0701. 617-727-3480 firstname.lastname@example.org